USD sent BUT Peruvian Soles rec'd.

Lisoloni
Contributor
Contributor
I sent U.S. dollars to an individual in Perú. It is preferable for this person to receive payment in U.S. Dollars and not in the Peruvian currency of Soles. May I please ask if there is anything that I can do on my end in USA pay the individual in U.S. dollars? The Bank in Perú called BCP will not allow the individual to retrieve U.S. dollars from the BCP account even though the account is set up as an account to manage U.S. dollars. This situation is confusing for the recipient. So, the individual has enquired at a different bank in Perú called Interbank on whether and how to withdraw U.S. dollars that I have paid and sent via PayPal. I am told that BCP is not able to connect up the PayPal credit card system of payments received in Perú. However, I am hopeful, because a Peruvian bank called Interbank does allow an individual in Perú to attach a PayPal method of receiving payments of U.S. dollars. I still do not know, however, if the recipient to whom I am sending U.S. dollars and intending that U.S. dollars may be withdrawn at their Interbank site will actually be permitted. Or, whether it will be the case that U.S. dollars sent will always and inevitably be converted into the local currency of Peruvian soles.
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.