Tried making a payment through PayPal to a Japanese site. Card labeled unacceptable.

LightningStar13
New Community Member
Just like it says, earlier this morning I tried to make a payment to DMM.com (a Japanese website) through PayPal with a Capital One debit Mastercard when all of a sudden I get the message above the card saying, "The merchant doesn't accept this card". I reached out to DMM.com's support and they said they couldn't track down the problem there and that I should reach out to PayPal. PayPal support said it might be a security issue and made me reconfirm my credentials through text. I try to make the purchase again and the same issue pops up. Is there a block on my Mastercard? Cause this is the only way I can pay for anything.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_paula

Hi @LightningStar13 and welcome. 

If you are getting an error stating that the merchant does not accept a particular card that this would be something coming from the merchants side. I would contact the merchant again and ask them to reach out to us directly so we can review things from their side. It could be that they need some settings adjusted. 

Thanks for your post, 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.