Transactions

Ashi4
Contributor
Contributor
I wanted to receive money from a good friend who life’s in the USA but he want to have like nearly 500€ as fee. The amount I should receive is 4000€. He said I need to buy some USTD for the fees. First it was 40€ than 150€ and now another 250€. I told him I would contact PayPal because that’s pretty much money just for fees. You think he wants to scam me? I don’t know because he’s a friend maybe it is like that in USA?
Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ashi4 

You never pay any upfront fee as a seller or to receive payments.

Ignore scammers that send fake Paypal emails telling you that you need to pay an upfront fee to verify/upgrade to a business account/or any other reason to accept a payment.

You would certainly never have to send funds especially via another payment processor/bitcoins/ or tokens/vouchers of any sort.

Any fee is auto deducted by Paypal at the same instant the remainder of the payment is credited to your Paypal account balance.

No funds in your balance = you have not yet been paid, even pending/held payments will still show in your Paypal account activity.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Ashi4
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you so much! I was worried about all that money. But now I know that he wants to scam me:(
Login to Me Too

Ashi4
Contributor
Contributor
How about USTD?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ashi4 

What about it?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Ashi4
Contributor
Contributor
I said to him, I’m done with him because of the scam and he said, it’s normal to “buy?” USTD for the fee to receive money. He told me to buy more on MoonPay.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ashi4 

Load of rubbish, you don't buy a fee to receive payments, as I said 100% SCAM.

Paypal certainly does not tell you to go to other sites to send funds for a paypal fee.

Fees are automatically deducted AFTER your buyer or sender has SENT the funds with the balance instantly showing in your paypal account.

Not sure what kind of friend you have but I would not want him as a friend.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Ashi4
Contributor
Contributor
Knew it🥲 Thank you!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.