Steam Refund/Negative Paypal Balance/Money in Bank Account Recieved/Paid Twice the Amount

Salar1s
New Community Member

I bought the Gta Trilogy for 29.99$ and Bully for 3.49$(Paid With Paypal) . Since the Gta Trilogy is a mess of a remake i refunded the 29.99$ . I recieved them in my Bank Account but my Paypal balance was in negative 33.48$ for both games. Then i filled my Paypal balance and im back at 0$. I basiclly paid 2x = 33.48$ and i lost 66.96 and left with no game at the end . Today is the 3rd day and i decided to ask the community what is this bs. Will my money eventually appear in my balance when paypal realises what happened?

Edit: Pictures

https://imgur.com/a/FNNC6Sb

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Salar1s 

Here’s what happened…

When you first purchased game(s) with bank account with a card linked as back up, PayPal processed an “instant transfer”. PayPal paid with their money for you immediately while your bank payment clears the bank.

It turned out your bank account was insufficient so PayPal balance went negative. Note: getting a refund or adding money to PayPal balance to resolve negative balance will not stop the bank payment in progress! It is automated to debit the funds from your bank. PayPal will make a couple of attempts before charging your back up card unless you top up your bank account.

You decided to get a refund so seller refunded you using PayPal’s money.

Let PayPal debit the amount they were supposed to from your bank account in the first place for the games. Once money hits your PayPal account, it’s like adding money now since you already paid PayPal their money back by adding money to PayPal balance. You can keep the money in your balance or withdraw it back to bank account. Next time when you are insufficient, just top up your bank account only, so that you not moving money to PayPal twice.

I hope I explained it clearly.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.