Sending money via friends and family

Janellerm86
New Community Member
I want to use my credit card to send money via friends and family. If for whatever reason the card is declined, is the transaction cancelled or does it take the funds out of my other account linked to PayPal? Does it tell you it’s declined instantly? Sorry new to this process. Thx for your help.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Janellerm86 

If for whatever reason the card is declined, is the transaction cancelled or does it take the funds out of my other account linked to PayPal? Does it tell you it’s declined instantly?

Generally the transaction doesn’t go through, there’ll be an error message displayed on-screen.

You may also want to read this:
Payment Method Used for My Transaction

And:

Why was my payment declined?

Your payment was declined. Here's what you can do.

As a new user, I highly recommend taking time to read the user agreement for detailed information of how a PayPal account works.
Doing so does prevent much stress, unpleasantness and surprises. 
Also the various topics in the Help Center.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Janellerm86 

If for whatever reason the card is declined, is the transaction cancelled or does it take the funds out of my other account linked to PayPal? Does it tell you it’s declined instantly?

Generally the transaction doesn’t go through, there’ll be an error message displayed on-screen.

You may also want to read this:
Payment Method Used for My Transaction

And:

Why was my payment declined?

Your payment was declined. Here's what you can do.

As a new user, I highly recommend taking time to read the user agreement for detailed information of how a PayPal account works.
Doing so does prevent much stress, unpleasantness and surprises. 
Also the various topics in the Help Center.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.