Payment still on hold

djgeneral

Hello - I recently sold something and the funds were put on hold. I am unsure as to why since I've had this account for a decade and have always done buying/selling in this range.  Any way, no big deal ... The person paid goods/services but wanted it shipped to their sisters house - Same last name and same state but diffrent address than what is listed for their paypal account. I did not realize this was going to be an issue as I never had a problem with frozen funds.  The alert told me to update shipping and I would receive payment within 24 hours of reciving. I spoke to the person and they said they everything was delivered on Dec 8 and everything was great.  How can I get my funds released ? Is there anything else I or they can do to help ?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@djgeneral 

For seller protection and release of funds early, tracking has to show delivery to the buyers paypal registered address.

Try marking the transaction as processed then the buyer may have the option on their account to mark the transaction as delivery/satisfied. If the buyer  confirms this by clicking on the "Confirm Receipt" button, funds may be released sooner ie 7 days after the buyer verifies receipt. This is not always available or guaranteed. 
If not then sadly its 21 days.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.