Payment is on pending

Alhasnain
Contributor
Contributor

I received a payment of 150USD from my client and it shows that it is in pending. It has been a day now and the balance is still showing 0 Euros. I think it's an echeck transaction but how long will I have to wait? Because my previous payments came into my account balance within seconds so I am kind of worried now

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Alhasnain 

If its an echeque it would still show in your paypal account but have pending by it and a clearance date?

So does it show in your paypal activity or are you relying on an email that says you have been paid? 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Alhasnain
Contributor
Contributor
Hello there! Thank you for replying to my query. Yes, the payment is showing on the activity but it says that it is in pending. Although, there is no clearance date shown but I did receive an email stating that it will take around 4-7 days for the payment to be processed. I still don't know when will I receive the payment as it's been a day now. Can't I fast track this process? If it happens like this, it will be a big trouble for me.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Alhasnain 

Echeques happen when the sender of the payment either uses the friends/family option and funds it via their bank account OR they are paying via goods/services from their bank account but don't have a back up card linked to their paypal account as well.

As they haven't got a back up card linked then paypal won't credit you in advance (like they normally do) and will make both of you await the bank transfer ie echeque to clear.

Normally takes 5-7 days BUT it depends on the senders banks processing times.  

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.