Payment hold for service

uwow
Contributor
Contributor

Hey Guys,
1. i'm selling a service which i completed before payment from buyer.

2. do the paypal invoice for billing my buyer, buyer paid using cc (no paypal account), tracking updated - not provided (as for service)

3. amount received, service fee deducted, payment hold for 21 it says.

4. chat and calls the customer service, suggesting for buyer to contact paypal to confirm and release. buyer do so but still hold.
5. i as the seller called paypal and says no way to confirm. as point 4 suggesting there's no chance to get it confirmed.

questions :

a. has anyone have the same experience like mine?

b. how do customer service has double standard? 1 say can, 1 say can't.

c. i cant imagine how hard it is for paypal to call/email my buyer for confirmation? in fact paypal called & emailed my buyer and my buyer has confirm it. but still hold.

Thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@uwow 

If they paid as a guest buyer then that may be the reason that they can't 'confirm receipt' if you have updated the transaction and marked it as processed.

If so then you may well have to wait the full 21 days unfortunately.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Joy

Hi @uwow,

The information that @kernowlass has provided is correct. If the buyer does not have the option to 'Confirm receipt' on their end, it is likely that the funds will be held for 21 days. PayPal does not have the option to confirm the receipt of a good or service for a buyer. You can view reasons as to why a payment may be on hold by visiting the link here.

I hope this helps!

Joy
If you have found any post within the Community to be helpful, please leave a Kudos or Accept it as a Solution.
Login to Me Too

uwow
Contributor
Contributor

Capture0.JPG

so, the contact paypal customer service option is no longer valid?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.