Payment With PayPal in Ebay Does Not Work Anymore

bdkane721
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, my PayPal account wasn't recently hacked and money wasn't withdrawn without authorization.  PayPal did an amazing job helping me change all my security information and refunded all of my money.  Now, however, when I shop on Ebay and want to purchase an item, the normal process I go through to use my PayPal balance does not work.  Each time I have tried, the error message that I need to start over with a new payment option pops up.  Is there a reason that PayPal will not work now on Ebay for me?  I feel like I'm missing something here.  Thanks in advance for any help!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Sean

Hello @bdkane721, Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting.

It sounds like this could be a setting with your eBay account. Your PayPal balance would always be the preferred method of payment for a transaction. Try reaching out to eBay to see if this is something they can resolve for you. 

Also, if you are experiencing difficulties when attempting to access your PayPal account, please try clearing your cache and cookies or try using a different internet browser to access your account. If you are attempting to log in through the mobile app, please try uninstalling and reinstalling the app to see if this helps to resolve the issue.

If an issue persists, for safety and security, please contact our customer support team via Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/PayPal/, Twitter - @AskPayPal, chat or phone.

I hope this helps,

- Sean

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.