PayPal keeps charging random subscriptions to PayPal Credit.

IsThisAScam2
Contributor
Contributor

Can "PayPal Credit" be disabled as a default payment method?  - I keep racking up payments on the credit account even though it's not my default payment method, It never has been.

Why would I possibly want to pay for netflix on credit every month? Why is it seemingly impossible to turn this off? 

Gotta say it seems like a pretty transparent scam by PayPal - Doens't leave me feeling pleased with having a PayPal account in general.

Is this normal? Is there anyway to disable this?  😞 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@IsThisAScam2 

Funding source to subscriptions/recurring payments are not controlled by the default payment method settings. They are controlled by the automatic payment settings as per Funding Your Payment so it’s not a scam:

Selecting a preferred funding source

You may select a preferred funding source when logged into your account. Subject to this user agreement, the preferred funding source will be used as the default funding source for payments you send from your account.

You can set separate preferred funding sources for some billing agreement payments.

Go to Settings > Payments > Manage automatic settings > Click merchant name to edit funding source

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.