PayPal holding funds after 7 days of verification

SyreethDraws
New Community Member

Hey, yeah I have a big problem. I'm a digital artist, so I take commissions which are paid through PayPal. I recently completed a piece for 20$ and the payment went to 'on hold'. That was okay. I finished the piece and set the delivery to 'delivered'. The client responded to the email, and I got a notification that I'd receive money 7 days after verification. Well it's been 8 days and it's still not unlocked. I need this money to pay someone for a job. I've done what PayPal asked, by delivering it (digitally, of course) and having the client rate it as perfect, so why can't I access it? I'm loosing patience and I'm very close to moving away from PayPal with its stupid tax fees and pending payments

Login to Me Too
27 REPLIES 27

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ws209cali 

If he was a buddy paying you back then he should have used the friends / family option where you would have had the payment instantly with no fee.

Your buddy must have used the goods/services so paypal saw it as a transaction for goods/services and applied the hold.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

delavinta
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal just uses our money for a week for their own purposes. This is not at all to protect anything. I will try not to use Paypal for clients in the future

Login to Me Too

Annalouou
Contributor
Contributor
It’s been 9 days since i got the message “You have successfully updated order information. You’ll get your money within 7 days of verification” but still its not on my balance its still on hold. I really need the funds, what to do?
Login to Me Too

lyka4

Have you received it already?

Login to Me Too

MerNat
Contributor
Contributor

The worst part is; imagine if the purpose of the payment is for an emergency reason; like a medical payment or some sort. I would definitely 100% go to other platforms; like there's this worldremit.com, skrill which someone suggests after my hold-up money is raised. No one could patiently wait for you guys to do your stuff bro. People mainly chose platforms because there's speed, integrity, and ease of use. You guys don't have all of those ones. You can do better!

Regards,

From someone who lost patience with your service

Login to Me Too

THANHDAO92
Contributor
Contributor
Yes, I'm with you. I lost my job due to Covid, I had to sell my stuff and hope I can survive for a bit longer. This is my 1st attempt with Paypal and it might also be the last one. They did say I can get my money after 7days but today is 9th day, my dumb wallet is still empty. The automatic answer of their CS center is just **bleep** me off.
Login to Me Too

camipop

Hi guys, I am very confused right now. What is verification actually? I marked the order as processed, as there were no shipping needed and I got the same

message. However, the money will be available within 7 days after what? After my update, after someone from PayPal verifies the update, after the buyer confirms the receipt? This is very unclear. I have absolutely no problem waiting for the money but I would very much like to know when will I be able to access my funds. I don't think this is too much to ask. I would like to plan my next projects accordingly, knowing I am covered by those funds.

Can anyone be so kind and enlighten me on this ?

Thank you

Login to Me Too

mogen
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah, I've looked through all of the documentation and forum threads I can find and there's no definition of "verification".

For me it's been 16 days since the money was sent and 10 days since I marked the transaction as intangible 

Login to Me Too

Temp20230525ac
Contributor
Contributor
Bank and online transfer better then PayPal it’s sucks.
Login to Me Too

Joey3
Contributor
Contributor

Word to the wise: Do not ever ask your clients to pay you through PayPal. Even after verification you will wait for days or weeks. Perhaps refund the money and have them by through other means?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.