Money from Paypal Balance not Transferred to Bank Account while Paypal site Claims Otherwise

EndlessDepths
Contributor
Contributor

So I made a transaction of sending a certain amount of money to my bank account. After waiting a few days, the site claimed that the transaction was complete, but when I checked my bank account, there was no sign of the money in that account. In fact, I even called the bank, and apparently, there was no record of the transaction, as if it never happened, and my money is still missing. What I've also noticed while desperately looking into this situation is that several other people have had this kind of situation before in the past few years. How I fix this mess?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@EndlessDepths 

Have you withdrawn funds before?

Does the name on your bank account exactly match the name on your paypal account?

Did you link and confirm that bank account OR debit card whichever you used?

Have you waited the 3-4 business days it may take to transfer?

Did you withdraw to a physical bank and not an online/digital bank like payoneer or wise?

If for whatever the funds fail to transfer then they should bounce back to your balance, allow 5-7 days and if no sign contact customer services for a trace?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

EndlessDepths
Contributor
Contributor

You know what, I just realized I still have to update my last name on my Paypal account, as I changed my last name recently.

Other than that, I have already fully linked my Paypal account to my bank and debit card, and waited though the business day before Paypal stated that the transaction is "complete." My bank however, is online, so if that's the case, I guess that can make things more complicated. That's why I may just have to stick with immediate, fee-costing money transfers if this keeps up with gradual transfers in the future.

And yeah, if my money doesn't return to my account, I'll definitely contact the customer service again, thanks!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.