Guest checkout recurring payments issue

mregypt
Contributor
Contributor

I've recently subscribed to a trading chatroom called LS Training. I paid for the first month and then upon renewal decided it wasn't for me and inquired how to cancel any recurring payments.  he states that client is able to look up how to halt payments via paypal but does not state what action to take if checkout as a "guest". LS Training does not provide "unsubscribe" option on his website and when client (myself) attempted to contact LS Training he was ignored. Leaving client in the dark about guest checkout issue with regard to recurring payments being active and not able to cancel further recurring payments. 

So now I am in a back and forth with the claims department who are either unwilling or do not understand the situation. They keep asking me for more documentation but there is none as it was a guest checkout. They are asking for proof of cancelation which I cannot provide because it is only able to be completed after calling paypal directing and getting an agent to do it over the phone. I asked for proof but they cannot provide it. Please help. 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mregypt 

Not sure I understand your goal. Are you trying to get a refund on the renewal or asking merchant to cancel your subscription?

Because if you canceled the subscription by contacting PayPal then that’s how you would cancel for guest checkout subscriptions and you won’t be charged for future payments/renewals.

If you are looking for a refund, I’d give the merchant the email address used on the subscription and your name to look up the subscription transaction in their PayPal account and issue a refund within the transaction details. Failing that, you can file a chargeback through your card issuer since you likely used a card for guest checkout.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

mregypt
Contributor
Contributor

I tried contact the merchant well in advance of the renewal date, met with no response. Only to be redirected to the terms of service on his website one day after being charged. Stating I'm responsible for cancellation, but does not state, that when you check out as a guest, you are responsible for contacting support to cancel the subscription. He advertising one month of paid service so I was under the impression I was only paying for 1 month. 

Now I have to cancel my credit card and all products I own associated with the card because the only way for me to verify my subscription has been cancelled is by word of mouth over the phone with the agent. They do not send me any email confirmation. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.