Check by mail

Temp20230525GJ
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Community,

How can I receive a paper check for my money in PayPal? I will not link my banking information.  When I click on "receive check by mail" I am prompted to enter my banking information. Thanks

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp20230525GJ 

Not sure that option is still available or hasn't been since covid, best ask customer services?

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ShandyPress
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal has a long history of making is as difficult and as inconvenient as possible to withdraw YOUR money by check.

The link to do so often disappears, or it is broken, or takes you to a screen where there is no option to withdraw by check.

Chat and text do not help - you will get frustrated because the auto attendant won't understand your problem.

IF you can reach a live person, they will try and talk you through the steps - and either don't know the link is broken, or profess ignorance.

On four separate occasions, I have had to have my Attorney General contact Paypal to get my money.   Each time, Paypal sent me a check.

Login to Me Too

BMackenzie
New Community Member

this is still a problem, I could not fink the link to withdraw by check, a customer service person sent me to a different page to give my address, then said wait 24 - 48 hours. now I see the link but it insists that I link to a bank account instead of sending a check.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @BMackenzie

Welcome to the PayPal Community! I can understand how concerning it can be when you're running into road-blocks trying to withdraw your money. Before you withdraw money by check, you must confirm an address or become Verified by adding and confirming a bank account.  An address is confirmed when we verify that the credit card billing and shipping address are the same.

So while you may have the option to transfer funds via check, you will need to have a confirmed bank or card on file with the same billing address as the address the check is being shipped to. 

My apologies for any inconvenience, this may cause. Good luck with this and future transfers, 

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.