Cant use my paypal balance on apps/games.

ukiyo
Contributor
Contributor

Hello! I have a problem I don't know how to fix, and I don't know what to do, so I'm gonna try this. I have 24.66 euros on my PayPal balance right now, and I don't have any on my bank account, so I wanted to buy stuff online on a google play store game, but I couldn't use my PayPal balance? It just doesn't let me use my balance, and I haven't done anything that would've caused this except I instantly transferred money from my ideal bank account and it was 15 dollars and after that, I can't buy anything online (discord) I searched online and nothing worked, I have enough to pay, but it's not letting me use my PayPal balance, I'm scared to loose my money because it's all I have now.
Cant use my PaypalBalance PaypalBalance 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ukiyo 

Are the funds in the correct currency? Paypal will only convert from a bank or card, if you are using your balance they have to be in the correct currency for the recipients country.

Are the funds cleared and not pending?

Have you done this?

Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > second down click on update next to your preferred way to pay and put a dot in the balance option.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Jewelz123
Contributor
Contributor
I’m having the same issue. You go to pay with PayPal (which it won’t let you do without agreeing to a slew of integration that “later you can remove by logging into PayPal) and then you go to pay and it only provides the options of bank account or debit card. Not PayPal balance. I’ve now purchased 2 $10 google play cards- digital “take up to 24 hours to receive- WTF IS THAT?!) and I’ve tried to use PayPal and can’t. I lost my debit card and the bank account is frozen by me for security. Also I have over 20x what I’m trying to pay in my balance… what risk do they have in that scenario? What I’m going to Try to swindle getting a $3 for my kids game download while they pick up $500 in PayPal? Isn’t the point of keeping balances in PayPal FOR THIS PURPOSE???
Login to Me Too

Jewelz123
Contributor
Contributor
Also notes PayPal is already my preferred method of payment…
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.