Can't add money to PayPal savings

rs1964
Contributor
Contributor
I set up my PayPal savings account and verified my identity. I have linked bank accounts. When I try to add funds to my savings account, I get an error saying "WE AREN'T ABLE TO PROCESS YOUR REQUEST. PLEASE TRY AGAIN LATER." Trying to add $99,000 since the deposits have to be under $100k
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @rs1964,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the PayPal Community Forum! I'm sorry to hear that the deposit that you're trying to make has been resulting in an error. I can imagine the frustration that you're experiencing, especially since you're being mindful of the stated limit.

The limit is highest permissible amount, but that does not mean that every transaction under that amount will be possible. The security system evaluates every transaction, and if there are elements of risk involved such that it becomes necessary to prevent the transaction from occurring, that may happen. If you wait upwards of 24-48 hours without making further attempts during that time, the transaction may be successful when evaluated another time. You may also wish to try a smaller amount initially.

If the issue persists with new transaction parameters, you can reach out to Customer Service for further troubleshooting. To find your contact options, click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website.

I hope this can be resolved quickly for you!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @rs1964,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the PayPal Community Forum! I'm sorry to hear that the deposit that you're trying to make has been resulting in an error. I can imagine the frustration that you're experiencing, especially since you're being mindful of the stated limit.

The limit is highest permissible amount, but that does not mean that every transaction under that amount will be possible. The security system evaluates every transaction, and if there are elements of risk involved such that it becomes necessary to prevent the transaction from occurring, that may happen. If you wait upwards of 24-48 hours without making further attempts during that time, the transaction may be successful when evaluated another time. You may also wish to try a smaller amount initially.

If the issue persists with new transaction parameters, you can reach out to Customer Service for further troubleshooting. To find your contact options, click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website.

I hope this can be resolved quickly for you!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

AnActualPerson
Contributor
Contributor

My transfers have been intermittently failing since I began using the Savings.  Small amount, medium amounts, any amounts.  They were randomly being rejected at first, now they all get rejected.  The requests are failing at Paypal end.  The bank is not getting the requests.

The contact center is a joke.  There aren't any real people in the phone option.  The message center help "reset" my account and told me to wait 24 hours.  Still not working 48 hours later.  

Offering savings incentives is kind of a bait and switch if you can't actually get your money into the account.

Login to Me Too

Saraliesel
New Community Member
Exactly. I tried to set up small deposits weekly to various savings goals, but they fail over 50% of the time. After finding out my last 6 deposits failed, I tried to deposit each manually. The first worked but none afterwards. Ugh.
Login to Me Too

Lynn18webb
New Community Member

So, I’m NOT the only one this is happening to…? I really wanted to take advantage of the APY increase and add more funds to my new savings, gradually increasing over time, but they are also randomly rejected.

Login to Me Too

whiggs
Contributor
Contributor

Out of curiosity, what was the error message that you were receiving when you were trying and failing to add money to your paypal saving account.  Did it, by any chance, look like this?

error.png

If so, then I have been having the exact same issue ever since I opened my paypal savings account too.  I have reached out to customer support and had been told the same thing you were told many, many times.  However, it was only after I made a scene and, without being too specific, shared the pain, that I was feeling with paypal, I finally was able to speak to a manager who actually looked into the issue a little deeper.  Now, I can't say if the issue that is causing your problem is going to be the same as the issue causing mine (though I bet it is), but the issue for me has to do with some kind of issue with some mobile verification system that paypal has implemented on the backend which uses the phone number associated with your paypal account and queries your mobile provider for the name and address associated with the phone number associated with your paypal account.  The name and address that paypal queries from the mobile service provider has to match the name and address associated with your paypal account, and the reason that I am receiving the error is because, for some reason, the name and address that paypal is querying from my mobile service provider is not matching the name and address configured in my paypal account.  It was a major pain in the **bleep** to finally figure out what was causing the issue I was experiencing because, for some dumb reason, no error is logged in plain sight when this backend verification fails, which is likely why you and I are repeatedly told that there is nothing wrong and it is just a security feature.  In fact, paypal doesn't even indicate that an attempt was made to initiate the transfer at all.  I emphasize "in plain sight" because the manager I was working with (who also just so happened to previously work on the engineering team before becoming a manager) had to (I assume) dig deep into the actual logs produced by the service, or something similar, to identify the source of the problem, as she mentioned that the initial support technicians that you chat with or speak to when initially reaching out would even know how to access the logs she was looking at.  Anyway, as far as your issue is concerned, the first thing I would do if I were you would be to verify that the name and address that appears on your monthly phone bill is the same as the name and address configured for your paypal account.  The manager said that one scenario that might trip up the system is if your phone number is associated with a family plan where you are not the owner, since it would be the name and address of whoever owns the family plan that is pulled by this backend process.  However, in my case, I did verify that the name and address associated with my mobile provider matched the name and address configured in my paypal account, so the manager created and submitted a ticket for the engineering team detailing all of this information.  A month passes and I am still experiencing the issue, so I reach back out to paypal about the status of the ticket only to be told that the ticket had been closed because "there wasn't enough evidence to prove that the issue was still occurring."  I wish I were joking about that.  So, I would speak to another manager and have that manager re-create the ticket, only for the engineering team to, once again, prematurely close it for the exact same unacceptably stupid reason, which leads me to the events of today, when I, once again, re-opened the ticket, because I have been, and still am, experiencing this **bleep**ing issue for the past 6 months.  The ticket number associated with the issue I described above is CSTS0032578, so you might want to try calling paypal, asking to speak to a manager, and telling them that you are experiencing the same problem described in the ticket associated with that ticket number.  That might actually result in the issue actually getting resolved, because, as admitted by paypal management, the credibility of a problem is directly proportional to the number of people experiencing and reporting that problem, and the issue we are running into is, due to the fact that paypal is not displaying any kind of error or abnormality when this error occurs, most people who reach out to report the problem are simply dismissed by customer support who think that Paypal is behaving correctly and that some kind of security flag has been triggered that is causing the issue.  You need to call Paypal and bypass the customer support rep that initially answers the call by demanding to speak to a manager.  Once you get a manager on the line, explain to them that you are experiencing the same problem as described in the ticket number I provided above, and they can then perform a more in-depth investigation and potentially add you to the ticket as someone also experiencing the same issues, which seems to be the only metric the Paypal engineering uses to determine the credibility and seriousness of the issue reported in a ticket.  Furthermore, after you speak to the manager, you will likely be told that "these kind of fixes take time" and "to be patient" while the engineering team diligently works on fixing the problem, which indirectly infers that you don't need to reach out to them again, as they will contact you if they need more information.  However, if you have learned anything from the story I have told, this is the exact opposite of what you should actually do, as, again, the engineering team will simply close the ticket because they are just not seeing or hearing enough evidence to conclude that the issue is still ongoing, which means that Paypal needs people experiencing the issue to reach out and harass them every single **bleep**ing day and bug the **bleep** out of them in order to provide the aforementioned evidence that the engineering team needs to do their **bleep**ing job!!!!  Or, you could be smart and open a savings account with an actual bank that knows what the **bleep** they are doing and deposit your money there.  That is the option I would go with if you haven't already deposited a significant amount of money (like I have) in your PayPal account, since you can damn well be sure that, if PayPal is being this much of a pain in the **bleep** just to deposit money into your savings account, imagine the nightmare that awaits you when you try to get your money out.  I, for one, don't have the courage to even try.  In any event, if you do feel like sticking with your PayPal savings account and want to try to get PayPal to get its **bleep** together, continue reading.  I work as an automation engieer for a living, which is quite useful when you have a highly repeatable process that you want to perform over, and over, and over again, say, for example, initiating a chat with paypal customer support, automatically selecting the prompts and requesting to speak to a person, then spamming the **bleep** out of the chat a reminder that this issue is still happening and needs to be resolved (if not prioritized at this point), and re-starts the whole process once support representative ends the chat on their end.  If I had a script that could do such a thing, I would probably upload it to a cloud-sharing service and share it with the community via a share link in the near future (once I make a couple of tweaks so that others can run it successfully.  Check back later.

Login to Me Too

OldWindbag
Contributor
Contributor

Great response, THANK YOU!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.