Am I able to deposit or cash a USPS Money Order through the Mobile Deposit on the PayPal app?

Hilltim78
Contributor
Contributor
Am I able to deposit or cash a USPS Money Order through through the Mobile App on Android? I have a personal account, and check deposit works fine. I'm just wondering about USPS Money Orders. Thank you.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Hilltim78

Welcome to the PayPal Community! This is a great question, I can certainly understand why you'd wish to cash a money order through our service. You can submit most check types through PayPal's app in the US from $5 up to $5,000. This includes payroll and government checks with a pre-printed signature, business checks, two-party personal checks, handwritten payroll checks, insurance checks, attorney checks, cashier’s checks, money orders, rebate checks, and refund anticipation checks. All checks must be made out to you, endorsed by you and drawn on a bank account in the United States or a U.S. territory.

Please keep in mind, all attempts are subject for review and approval through our system and may potentially be declined due to certain risk factors. If that happens, please feel free to reach out to our Customer Support teams for further guidance. They're normally not able to provide a different outcome, but they may be able to double check all your settings are correct to cash a check through our mobile app. 

Cheers and good luck!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Westeros33
Contributor
Contributor
Ya, I wouldn't listen to most of these replies. I tried to deposit a money order, that I bought from the Post Office 3 days ago. It turned out it was the wrong amount. I went back to the Post Office where I bought it, and they told me that they didn't have the amount to cover it (it was under $1000 but whatever) so I researched online about cashing it through my PayPal account. I've never had issues cashing checks through InGo/PayPal but now I have a hold on my account for "check processing". First off it's not a check, second, I read everywhere INCLUDING HERE MULTIPLE TIMES, and every person/article said "ya, go ahead." Now my account is frozen.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.