paypal keeps asking to link another card

lanaissagod
New Community Member

it keeps asking me to link a new card while i still have one linked.

Login to Me Too
32 REPLIES 32

jody_hudson2112
Contributor
Contributor
I do not own a computer I use a cell phone app with an iPhone 6
Login to Me Too

pegah2
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, this issue happens to me too. It works fine before and now it doesn't. I only have one bank account and it has already been connected to my PayPal, now it only asks me for a new bank account.
Login to Me Too

_Joseph_
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

@pegah2 

When you added your bank account and credit or debit card to your PayPal account, we ask you to confirm your bank account or card to verify you're the owner. To confirm bank account and debit or credit card check below article for further details:

How to confirm bank account:

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-confirm-my-bank-account-faq3045?app=searchAutoC...

How to confirm Debit or Credit card:

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-confirm-my-debit-or-credit-card-faq1565?app=sea...

Hope this helps. Stay safe. Kudos & solved are greatly appreciated

Login to Me Too

pegah2
Contributor
Contributor

Dear sir/madam, I recently registered a paypal account. I add my bank to that and linked and confirmed successfully. Now, when i want to pay online in some website, after entering my email and password. I hit to a webpage that says "Add a payment method" while I already added that. please let me know how can i fix this! Thanks Pegah <removed>

Login to Me Too

pegah2
Contributor
Contributor
my bankkonto confirm ist ! but Paypal say that , new payment method!!
Login to Me Too

Iknappe
Mine is auto confirmed and still does this
Login to Me Too

Jamcastillo
Contributor
Contributor
Does it makes sense that it blocks 100% of any of my transaction attempts? Im trying to send money to what I know to be a legitimate account owned by a friend. Is there a way to whitelist this since I am sure of the legitimacy? If paypal is suspicious of the person logged in, doesn’t it make better sense to send an otp or maybe ask security questions or rely on face ID instead of randomly or even 100% of the time blocking a transaction? Or better yet block the account if it is being suspected to be compromised. This defeats the purpose of the service to send money to friends or relatives or making payment if it’s ridiculously unreliable.
Login to Me Too

Atorno
Contributor
Contributor
If I confirm the card, will it stop asking me to link a new card?
Login to Me Too

Mperaw
Contributor
Contributor
How do I confirm the card ?
Login to Me Too

UdaygiriG
Contributor
Contributor
You have not given any solution. My account is confirmed. I use my mobile for transaction. But it keeps on asking to link card multiple time. Once OTP is received and confirmed ,why it doesn't take me to next step of transaction? Why I have to do all these for multiple time and see the same message of "link card"? What's the matter? I can actually go and pay in person in the meanwhile.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.