Trying to make a purchase - "Use Paypal Balance" does not show up as a payment option!!

tiffysquid
Contributor
Contributor

Hi. I'm trying to make a purchase from Vitacost.com using my Paypal balance. The little dialogue box that pops up shows my connected bank accounts (connected to Paypal), asking me to choose which one for the payment. I don't want to pay via my bank accounts. I want to use my Paypal balance! Where the heck is it?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

S_Ameen
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @tiffysquid 

Welcome to the PayPal Community! I am sorry that the option to use PayPal balance is not appearing while making the payment. PayPal will override your default payment method for various reasons including perceived risk and cost. If the security system mitigates any risk then that payment option will not be available. It does not happen with every transaction.

Ameen

Login to Me Too

tiffysquid
Contributor
Contributor

I have $200-300 in my account, and I'm simply trying to spend it -- I tried a Target order, tried a Bookshop.org order, and something else. This is utterly unacceptable. I would not accept this from my credit or debit card companies; I'm not sure why I'm supposed to accept it from Paypal.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tiffysquid 

Have you done this?

Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > second down click on update next to your preferred way to pay and put a dot in the balance option.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.