Stimulus check

Teyyoncee12
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone gotten there stimulus check deposited into their account??

Login to Me Too
2,382 REPLIES 2,382

robinscrazylife
Contributor
Contributor

Some of you saw my previous post, but I'm posting it again along with some updated information AND a chat I had with an actual PayPal agent. PayPal is also merging all of the stimulus deposit posts/threads so you're aware. Here is my original post:

ORIGINAL: I've heard multiple things about the deposits. I've heard they have 3-5 days. This is what I found regarding the batch deposits & 3-5 day posting:

When will my Direct Deposit be available in my PayPal Cash Plus account on my Pay Day?

"Direct deposits are processed in multiple batches throughout the day and are completed by 8pm EST. If you haven’t received your direct deposit by this time on your pay day, you should confirm with the sender (your employer) that you are set up with the correct routing and account number you provided and that it has been processed. Once confirmed you may contact Customer Service to investigate further. "  

The IRS Payment is a scheduled deposit. They were transmitted initially on 04/11/2020. That goes to the Treasury. The Treasury would've processed it Monday night and then transmitted it last night to the appropriate financial institutions. PayPal would've received that information. There is no reason, nor do they have the right to hold those funds. They have shut down all customer service and corporate lines. I sent a message as instructed, but four hours later I have yet to receive a response. I'm currently on hold with Wells Fargo since they hold the custodial fiduciary accounts for PayPal. UPDATE WELLS FARGO: They were very kind, however they did not have any information. They hold the custodial fiduciary accounts for PayPal which is a fancy way of saying third party. Legally they wouldn't be able to tell me anything because PayPal owns the accounts.

Why is my refund pending?

"If your refund status is pending, it means the transaction was refunded before it cleared your bank, or the seller issued the refund using money from their bank which has not cleared yet. This process takes 3-5 business days to complete. Once the process is completed, the refund will be credited to your bank account. If you initially paid for the transaction with your credit or debit card, the refund will be credited to that card within 30 days."

How long does it take to transfer money from a U.S. bank account to my PayPal Cash or PayPal Cash Plus account?
"It usually takes 3 to 5 business days to transfer money from a U.S. bank account to your PayPal Cash or PayPal Cash Plus account."
Neither of these apply because it is not a refund of a transaction, nor is it a transfer from a U.S. bank account.
Update: Here is a copy of the chat I had with a PayPal agent.

Customer Service

PayPal Virtual Agent

9:10 AM

Hi! I'm PayPal's Virtual Agent. I can help with common questions like "what's the status of my dispute" or "I want a refund".

If I can't help, I'll transfer your message to an agent.

Robin <removed>

Why hasn't my stimulus payment posted to my account yet? It is supposed to be today.

PayPal Virtual Agent

It looks like you need help with a pending payment. Is that right?

Robin <removed>

No

PayPal Virtual Agent

I found some articles in our Help Center that might help you. Check them out! If you need more help, please type “need more help".

Robin <removed>

9:11 AM

need more help

PayPal Virtual Agent

I can transfer this conversation to an agent. The estimated response time is a few hours.

Our customer service staffing is limited due to coronavirus (COVID-19) safety precautions. Message response times will be delayed. Visit our Help Center for quick answers to frequently asked questions. Thank you.

After I transfer the conversation, you can close the window and come back to it when it’s convenient for you. When we respond, we’ll send you a notification with a link to the Message Center where you can reply.

Would you like to transfer this conversation to an agent?

Robin <removed>

Yes

PayPal Virtual Agent

Please send us a detailed message below and an agent will respond as soon as possible. If you have a related transaction ID, date, and amount, please include it here.

Robin <removed>

Why hasn't my stimulus deposit not been posted to my account? It's supposed to be today per the IRS.

Our agent will respond to your message within an hour.

Robin <removed>

1:08 PM

I should've received a response by 10:11 am. Even taking the pandemic into account it is now 1:08 pm with no response.

You are now connected to Jhazon

Jhazon

1:21 PM

Hi My name is Jhazon, Thank you for raising your concern to us Just allow me few minutes of your time to review your account. I'm still looking for options on how to resolve this issue. Just want to make sure we're still connected.

as I have checked your account the said fund is still not yet posted in your account, once we have the fund available to your account we will notify you via email. we suggest to wait within the day. thank you

Is there anything else that i can help you with?

You are now connected to Jhazon

Robin <removed>

1:38 PM

Yes

All funds were transmitted to PayPal.

Why are all customer service lines down?

Jhazon

1:39 PM

PayPal Credit: If you are a PayPal Credit customer and need help changing your payment plan due to COVID-19, please contact Synchrony at[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]to make those adjustments. PayPal teammates can't make adjustments to your PayPal Credit account.

Robin <removed>

1:39 PM

This is a scheduled deposited just like a paycheck

No I'm not.

I want to know if any stimulus deposits have been credited. That is general information, not consumer specific so I know you can provide that information.

Jhazon

1:41 PM

You can find more information on the following IRS website: https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus-tax-relief-and-economic-impact-payments.

Robin <removed>

No

I've already been there

It specifically says

contact YOU

I have the attachment

Jhazon

it is not yet deposited in your account yet

Your file has been uploaded.

Stimulus.JPG / 0.04

Robin <removed>

1:42 PM

So you're saying the US Treasury is lying?

It specifically says if I don't see it to contact PayPal.

Jhazon

I apologize for the delay, we are in the process of posting all payments received from the government. These payments should start posting soon.

Robin <removed>

It specifically says it's to be deposited today

So it WILL post to my account today?

Jhazon

1:43 PM

you will be notify once its posted please monitor your account within the day

Robin <removed>

1:43 PM

That's not what I asked.

I know I will be notified

I have the notifications set up.

I asked will it post today per the US Treasury transmission and information?

Jhazon

1:45 PM

yes just wait for it to be posted

Robin <removed>

I don't know what issue PayPal is having, but shutting down access to customer service, and not publicly addressing it is creating a mass panic with PayPal users.

Jhazon

I do apologize that you have to go through all of this. If I were in your position, I would feel the same way. That would frustrate me, too.

Robin <removed>

1:46 PM

So, to recap, per our conversation right now on 04/15/2020 @ 13:45 p.m. CDT my $1200 IRS Stimulus Check will be posted to my account for my use by the terms of your direct deposit schedule which is no later than 8 pm EST or 20:00 EDT, correct?

Jhazon

1:48 PM

but with regards to your concern we are already aware and inform about this issue

yes please monitor your account within the day since you are scheduled for the direct deposit today

Robin <removed>

1:49 PM

No one knows what the issue is other than PayPal. I am simply confirming I'm going to have my money today 04/15/2020 no later than 20:00 EDT which will be 19:00 EDT for me.

You said yes I will have it today, and will receive notification of the deposit posting.

Jhazon

1:51 PM

we will follow the IRS scheduled payment in your account for your stimulus payment

Is there anything else that i can help you with?

Robin <removed>

1:52 PM

Good. Because that's today. I get why you don't want to actually say the word today, but you already acknowledged it, so we're good there.

Jhazon

1:53 PM

Its my pleasure helping you out today. Again my name is Jhazon. Thank you for your time chatting with me and have a good one, and

Keep safe!

Robin <removed>

No. Thank you. You confirmed I will receive my money in my PayPal account today 04/15/2020 by 20:00 EDT as scheduled by the IRS and your direct deposit information.

Thank you for your help. Please be safe as well.

Jhazon

That's great! My goal for today is to make something different that will make you smile

stay safe as well

This conversation has been closed.

Login to Me Too

Martmarl
New Community Member
Have you received your payment mines still not showing
Login to Me Too

Kay_Potter

I have not received mine yet and it is 8:53 Central US time. This customer service dude seems like a robot, it's like he wasn't even reading your message and just giving pre-set responses. Ridiculous. 

Login to Me Too

cahoward
Contributor
Contributor
I'm central too and haven't recieved mine either so looks to have started est and mt and working thru idk anymore!
Login to Me Too

Sasha719
Contributor
Contributor

I just got mine! 10:01 pm EST

Woohoo Thank goodness!

Login to Me Too

XaysMama95
Contributor
Contributor
I got mine into my account but it says it's places on hold? Says I need to update a tracking number??? Does it say the same for anyone else??
Login to Me Too

Ghost0206
Contributor
Contributor
Yes, it says mine is on hold as well and I can't figure out what to do!
Login to Me Too

XaysMama95
Contributor
Contributor
Lmk if you figured it out. I'm glad I'm not the only one.
Login to Me Too

Ghost0206
Contributor
Contributor
I will! Pass any info you find to me too, please! It doesn't seem like anyone else is dealing with this
Login to Me Too

RhondaFay
Contributor
Contributor

My Stimulus Deposit was placed on hold also and when I called Customer Service, it says the offices are closed.  This is BS, this wasn't a sale.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.