Someone sent me funds through PayPal but I didn't receive them.

JohnRomanowsky
Contributor
Contributor

My sister sent me money using my username as it appeared in her PayPal account. However, two years ago I closed my PayPal account in the U.S., opened one in Canada for a year, then moved back to the U.S., closed my Canada account and opened a new account in the U.S. My sister says the money was "sent" successfully to my username as it appeared in her PayPal. I did not receive it. My old account is closed. Where are these funds? How do I find out what happened?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JohnRomanowsky 

Check the email address she sent the funds to / if you can add it to your existing paypal account and confirm it the funds should show.

As it says 'sent' it has successfully transferred to the email address linked to the active account it was sent to, if it had not transferred it would show as unclaimed or pending. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

JohnRomanowsky
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you. I have added the three email addresses I have used over the past 20 years. I will wait to see if the funds come through. She did send the funds to my old username, however, and she was not able to see with which email address it was associated. The concern is that someone else is now using my old username.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.