Purchase marked pending for no good reason - taken funds not paying my retailer

Temp20231124ae
New Community Member

Hi

At 08:27 today I purchased an office chair (£500) + £35 for next day delivery from a retailer - paid by PayPal - Then I get an email from Paypal saying my payment is pending - "security measures to ensure our platform is being used properly blah blah" - so they have the money from my account - the retailer has cancelled my order - can't speak to a human - did a chat / message thing and all they want to do is send me links to T&C's etc

To be honest I am furious - the Paypal transaction details show the retailer ( who are kosher) they have a PayPal acc - Paypal can see the description of the chair - and my address as per my account - They now say I have to wait 72 hrs for this to complete - and if they need further info they will be in touch. So is it right that Paypal can now decide what I buy - from whom etc - I have in the chat room asked them to cancel the transaction and refund me - I can't understand their logic at all - they are taking absolute liberties - I am their customer and if they want to perform a security check fine - 72 minutes would be bead - 72 hrs - this is ridiculous - please someone tell me how to get Paypal to talk to me ands resolve this asap - Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @Temp20231124ae,

Welcome to PayPal Community Forum and thank you for posting!

I understand that you're worried about the payment showing in pending status. As per the information that you have shared, it seems like the payment is under review for security reasons. All transactions processed via PayPal are subject to review and could be delayed or stopped if we identify an issue. As a security measure to protect our customers, we review potentially higher-risk payments. When this happens, we place a hold on the payment for some time before it is sent. We aim to review and complete the payment as soon as possible. Once our review is complete, we'll either clear the payment or reverse it if there is any issue found. If the payment is still pending, please reach out to our customer support team through the available contact options on our website. Support is also available through Facebook private messages or Twitter direct messages. 

I hope this helps,
Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.