PayPal new seller hold requirements impact Fiverr payments? Can they be cancelled?

YashSingh
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, I am from India.I happened to see some guy on beermoney saying they will pay me for google reviews on paypal, so I thought that would be great.I had made my paypal only for freelancing and had chosen purpose code (806 - other) if this matters.

When the person made the transaction, payment got on hold and for the first time in my account this came up saying "Future payments may be put on hold for up to 21 days".
I then refunded the amount Next he suggested to request him, that I did, again same thing, it went on hold. So I again refunded it and settled the matter.

There was a help option which have this info.
Simple ways to help get your future fundsComplete all of the following:

Increase your sales
-> Receive 5 or more payments from sales
-> Receive $ 200.00 USD from sales

Avoid disputes
-> Have no disputes for 60 more days

Now I can guess this corresponds to sellers on ebay and stuff, but my question is will this hinder my payments from fiverr? Will my fiverr payments also get hold up for 21 days now ? (usualy payment arrives in couple of hours)

Secondly, can I revert my account back to how it was before that guy sent me money? I mean I don't want to be a seller at any cost. I really cannot go on and do 5 sales with 200 USD to make this work. I want to drop the entire sales thing. I am going to gave a Fiverr withdrawal after 2 weeks and I really cannot compromise that. Please help.
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@YashSingh 

Any funds received into a paypal account registered in India are seen as payments for goods/services and subject to the new seller hold as per link.

https://www.paypal.com/in/cshelp/article/why-is-my-payment-on-hold-or-unavailable-HELP126

https://www.paypal.com/in/cshelp/article/how-can-i-release-my-payments-on-hold-HELP129

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

YashSingh
Contributor
Contributor

I see, but then I never got the 21 days hold for Fiverr. Fiverr's money didn't got on hold. I got that in couple of hours.
Also can you reply my other questions if you can please? I am really worried about my future Fiverr payment.

Login to Me Too

YashSingh
Contributor
Contributor

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.