PayPal holding funds after 7 days of verification

SyreethDraws
New Community Member

Hey, yeah I have a big problem. I'm a digital artist, so I take commissions which are paid through PayPal. I recently completed a piece for 20$ and the payment went to 'on hold'. That was okay. I finished the piece and set the delivery to 'delivered'. The client responded to the email, and I got a notification that I'd receive money 7 days after verification. Well it's been 8 days and it's still not unlocked. I need this money to pay someone for a job. I've done what PayPal asked, by delivering it (digitally, of course) and having the client rate it as perfect, so why can't I access it? I'm loosing patience and I'm very close to moving away from PayPal with its stupid tax fees and pending payments

Login to Me Too
27 REPLIES 27

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Joey3 

Yet you still have and use a paypal account?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Joey3
Contributor
Contributor

Why do you ant to know if I have a PayPal account, kernolass? 

Login to Me Too

JhonMyco
How did you solve it, I'm loosing my patience too
Login to Me Too

squiffchip

I have thousands of pounds sitting in paypal, and cannot get at it.

You are bunch of crooks. What possible reason could you need to hold on to the money for this long?

Other than to earn interest on it of course. 

World Pay or Google Pay are good option for anyone looking for a solid alternative. 

Transfer fees are way lower, or absent. 

Tried paypal once. Never again. 

Also avoid paypal now for personal use. 

Come on guy vote with you feet. 

Login to Me Too

nullhega
Contributor
Contributor
Paypal is traumatizing
Login to Me Too

Tobyeversen
Contributor
Contributor
Somebody just sent me 600$ for important reasons, Not even business related & I have to wait up to 7 days. So Dissatisfied with this crap.
Login to Me Too

Lenar1
Same here but its been 9 day and i havent recieve it
Login to Me Too

mjonline
Contributor
Contributor

This is actually borderline criminal activity. We in the US continue to accept unbeleivably poor customer service and business practices from large companies like PAYPAL because they think we have no options. Well I do. No more Paypal invoicing for my business. I'll go with Quickbooks or some other merchant services like Square. I use PP as a merchant service to offer my customers a way to pay electronically. This has nothing to do with EBAY. Customer pays large invoice online and they hold 80% of my money for up to 21 days. If my bank did that I would drop them like a lead balloon and call the authorities.

Unless you have to stop usinmg Paypal.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.