PayPal credit - refund issue\

SeymoreButt2012
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

Just wondering if someone can shed some light on my issues. 

I purchased an item in January, £190 which I used PayPal Credit. However, I requested a refund a few days later from the company, and it was actioned. I expected this amount to be reflected on my PayPal credit account balance, however it did not deduct the £190.

I made contact with the help team who advised that it will take some time before the amount disappears. 

I waited a few weeks more, and the amount still remained. So I made contact with customer services again.

This time I was advised because I had made an order to the same amount towards the end of 2021 (which I have not), the PayPal credit/interest free rate on the £190 deal has been used to cover the alleged end 2021 bill?! That makes absolutely no sense to me, unless I am missing something glaringly obvious?

Can someone shed some light on this please?? 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Tricia
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @SeymoreButt2012

Sorry to hear of the concern with a refund you were expecting. 

Did you receive an email from PayPal advising the payment was refunded? Is the transaction reflecting as Refunded? If yes, the refund would be returned to the funding source used. If the refund is not reflecting on your PayPal Credit account, please continue to work with PayPal Credit to clear up any issues with the way the refund was applied to your PayPal Credit account. 

I hope this information helps!

Thanks, 
Tricia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.