My payment is put in hold but I am not a seller, I receive my salary through PayPal

Immaya22
Contributor
Contributor
I am an employee and I receive my salary through Paypal however, since my PayPal account is new, they put a hold on my salary. I was advised by my employer to reach out to PayPal to release the hold since I AM NOT A SELLER. Please help.
Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Immaya22 

I don't think you have the friends/family option in your country so all your payments are received as for goods/services and so you would be subject to the new seller hold as per link.

https://www.paypal.com/ph/smarthelp/article/my-payment-is-on-hold.-why-is-this-happening-faq3297?app...

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Immaya22
Contributor
Contributor
Please Note that I am not friends and family with my employer that is why it is sent through goods and services because it is from the service that I rendered. I repeat, i am not a seller.!I don't see the connection between my question and your answer. I'm confused!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Immaya22 

If you rendered a service then you are a seller of either goods OR SERVICES.

However it matters not if you agree or disagree as the goods/services option is the ONLY way someone can pay you in your country, so the hold would apply to those funds.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Immaya22
Contributor
Contributor
Why do you need to hold my funds? Do you understand the meaning of being an employee? So meaning to say, the service that someone render is useless because their are still chances of disputes and that an employer can just demand a refund? Is that what you're trying to say? Wow!
Login to Me Too

Immaya22
Contributor
Contributor
So if someone works hard to get paid, you put a hold on it because of chances that the employer will claim a refund or dispute?and you are saying that it is a buyer's protection? We are talking about a professional employee and employer relationnship here! Wake up! I deserve to get my money right away!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Immaya22 

Firstly read the link i posted.

https://www.paypal.com/ph/smarthelp/article/my-payment-is-on-hold.-why-is-this-happening-faq3297?app...

Secondly I did not put your funds on hold, this is a COMMUNITY FORUM a USER TO USER advice forum.

Yes I know what its like to be an employee as I work in the health sector myself but do NOT work for Paypal.

I just gave up my time to try and answer your question as to why your funds were on hold, but don't worry I won't make that mistake again and will add you to my list of folks that I won't help again, have a nice day. 

Try reading the first line below 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Immaya22
Contributor
Contributor
I'm just curious, Are you a PayPal customer service?
Login to Me Too

Immaya22
Contributor
Contributor
To everyone that has the same issue, I would **bleep** to let you know that this has been resolved by PayPal. All you need to do is to reach out to them via messages, I know it is hard to get to talk or chat to customer service but this is the best way so far. Here are the details: Step 1. If your funds are on hold and you are an employee that receives your salary through Paypal, you need to send a message to Paypal customer service by logging in to your account. Let them know that you are an employee.( check the operating hours) sometimes messages will not work but you just need to check on it every now and then. 2. Wait for a response. Leave the message active and respond to it as soon as you can if a customer representative responded to your message. 3. The representative will be calling you to confirm and verify your identity before releasing the funds. 4. Funds will be released immediately .
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.