Money Send To Friend IS All Wrong By PayPal

Dryst
Contributor
Contributor

I visited my local Walmart to add exactly $100 cash to my PayPal balance.  I have a friend located in Poland who I wanted to send that money to immediately.  I have done this a few times in the past without issue.  This time, however, it is not working as it had in the past.  With the cash in my PayPal balance, my expectation is that my friend gets the cash immediately.  There is a $4.99 charge to send funds to my friend located in another country.  What I want to do is simply send my friend $100 that is currently in my PayPal balance, and charge the $4.99 fee to my checking account that is associated with my PayPal account.  As I stated, I did exactly this several times in the past.

For reasons unknown, PayPal ignored my $100 balance and attempted to deduct $104.99 from my checking account.  Why it did this I have no idea, but my checking account only has $5.00 to cover the fee for sending.  I just got the notice from my bank about this via email recently.  PayPal telephone support is now closed.  Is there a way to have this fixed so that the $100 comes from my PayPal balance, and the $4.99 comes from my checking account?  All of this money has been sitting and waiting.  I have no idea what went wrong here.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Dryst
Contributor
Contributor

This does it.  I'm done.  I'm switching to Wise instead of PayPal.  Wise is cheaper with much better exchange rates anyway.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

ok

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.