It will not let me pay a company on here

johnspill
Contributor
Contributor

My ppl account will not let me pay a company monthly payments.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

ABBASSETT
New Community Member

I Can’t send money too using my PayPal account, I Called paypal they cannot find any issue with my account, I called the credit card company also and there is no issue with my credit card. This is really frustrating. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Michael

Hello, @ABBASSETT. Not being able to send a payment is a definite concern! If you only have one card linked to your PayPal account, it may help to link a different card or a bank account, if that option is available to you. Common reasons for not being able to send a payment include the card or bank is not available to PayPal, our Security System has detected an issue and blocked the feature temporarily or there is a limitation on the account.

You may need to go back to your card issuer and ask them to dig deeper since there could be a setting in their system that's blocking PayPal from accessing a card. This is not related to the status of the card, so they may not be looking in the right place.

If PayPal's Security System is blocking temporarily the ability to send a payment, linking a new payment method often helps and logging out and waiting 24-48 hours to see if the System re-sets also helps. Logging out of everything on your computer, deleting the cookies and temporary internet files and re-starting your system also can help.

If there's a limitation on your PayPal account, that would need to be addressed by completing any steps in the Resolution Center (https://www.paypal.com/smarthelp/article/faq3327) and/or Message Center (https://www.paypal.com/smarthelp/article/faq3037).

I hope this is helpful. Thanks for your patience during this time.

Sincerely,

Michael
Pal_Michael

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Michael

Hello, @johnspill. I'm sorry to hear you've had difficulty with what sounds like recurring payments (scheduled payments to the same company). I hope the following information is helpful.

In general, a merchant must have recurring payments or a subscription available through their website. The feature is not something buyers/senders can set up on their own. Please check out the payment options on the merchant's/company's website and contact them directly if you don't find an option to set up recurring payments/a subscription.

I hope this is helpful. Thanks for being a part of the PayPal Community!

Sincerely,

Michael
PayPal_Michael

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.