It seems PayPal doesn’t differentiate when I want to make an automatic payment and when not

Leael
Contributor
Contributor

Hello. I’ve been dealing with this since February. I know this has been asked many times before by others and unfortunately hasn't helped my case. How do I set another automatic payment with the same merchant again that I made inactive few times before? Yes I’ve used the same link 3 times already and it still comes as a one-time payment. I’ve been talking back and forth with the merchant, I know them and so I know on their end the link works as it is a monthly recurring contribution and it should appear as an automatic payment. It seems like PayPal doesn’t differentiate when I want to make an automatic payment and when not. Any advice and help is really appreciated. Thank you.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Leael

Welcome to the PayPal Community! I'm sorry to hear you're running into some speed-bumps setting up that automatic payment with that merchant again. Normally the merchant would need to send you a new link to set up a new automatic payment profile. My apologies for any confusion or inconvenience!

Good luck and have a great day!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Leael
Contributor
Contributor

Hello @PayPal_JonK 

Thank you for the welcome and for answering. I really appreaciate it. 

So if I understand this right, the automatic payment doesn't happen again because it recognizes the same link/subscription that I previously made and cancelled? What if the merchant has just that same one link? Then what? I'm just trying to understand correctly so I know what to ask and say to the merchant next month. 

Thanks.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

@Leael, great question! The merchant should have no issue generating a new link for a new billing agreement. If they run into any issues, our Customer Support teams are more than happy to guide them through any road-blocks they encounter. 

Best wishes!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.