Failed payment but account debited

achavincent
Contributor
Contributor

I made a payment on the 2nd of February 2022. Money was debited from my account and yet paypal send a notification that the payment failed. I went to my local bank and I was informed that the payment was successful. I have sent several emails to PayPal and no reply. I try calling but the calls never go through. 

I need assistance.

Regards 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Joy

Hi @achavincent,

Welcome to the PayPal Community!

I'm sorry to hear that funds were debited from your account, even though you were notified that the payment failed. 

Is the payment still pending, or has it completed? If it is still pending, it could be an authorization that was sent to the merchant but wasn't completed. Authorizations will generally fall off or be voided within 7 business days but can take up to 30 days. 

I hope this helps!

Joy
If you have found any post within the Community to be helpful, please leave a Kudos or Accept it as a Solution.
Login to Me Too

achavincent
Contributor
Contributor

Well, my bank claims that the payment was successful and they are asking for a message from PayPal stating that the payment did not go through. I have written several messages to PayPal and all the messages have been ignored. I have called several times but they are always offline. Money has not been reflected in my account. So it's really confusing.

Regards

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.