Enable auto sweep functionality (don't have that functionality in my account for some reason)

Cenbholdings
Contributor
Contributor

How can I enable Paypal Auto Sweep so I don't have to manually withdrawal money from my business account every single day. It needs to be automatic. I don't have the option to enable it myself in account settings/profile settings=> cards/payments. Can someone please enable that functionality for me? I really need it. All help is appreciated 🙂

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Cenbholdings 

Not sure if that option is still available, if it is then ask customer services to enable it for you?

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

biggsy3
Contributor
Contributor

It's remarkable that this functionality is still not available. Moreso that it existed but was removed.

If you do cash based accounting, then any payments you receive which are grouped (ie. transfers from your paypal account that include multiple individual transactions) MUST be grouped with payments from the same day. Which means any funds in your paypal account have to be transferred on a daily basis, and the requirement to do so manually every single day is just not realistic for anyone who runs a business.

I spent about 2 hours on the phone to paypal to enquire about auto-sweep.  I was on hold for most of that time, but spoke to about 5 people who had never even heard of auto-sweep, and eventually spoke to someone who knew about it but said that functionality was removed years ago and there was currently no alternative and no plans that he was aware of to reinstate it.

So unfortunately we can't accept paypal even though we would actually like to. It's just too much of a pain to log in every day just to do something which you used to be able to do automatically.

Anyone who does cash-based accounting must surely have encountered similar issues?

I just can't understand paypal's thinking behind alienating so many potential business customers.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@biggsy3 

Auto-sweep is available in several countries including the U.S.

However I didn't know if it was an option in Belgium where the original poster is located.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

biggsy3
Contributor
Contributor

I see. I was referring to my experience in the UK. 

Do you know why the functionality was removed for UK users? And if there are any alternatives?

Thanks

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.