Conversion rate is insane and wrong and now my refund will be less money then i spent

Amelia_07

I received a refund on 6th September and the conversion rate from euro to RON (my countries currency) is highly wrong ! (1 EUR = 3,1997 RON) , 1 euro is not even close to 3,1997 RON , it is a lot higher (1 EUR = 4,8215) and now i find myself with less money in my account than i spent , a lot less money . (i payed 13,79 euro , equivalent to 70,70 RON and the refund would be 44,14 RON) . Please help me , i tried to call someone at paypal but no succes.

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

oanaroscu
Contributor
Contributor
it’s happening to me as well, if i try to withdraw the conversion rate is 3.1 for both euro and usd
Login to Me Too

Amelia_07

Okay... and what did you do? Have you talked to someone from paypal ?

This is not okay and they need to solve this , we suffer a loss here, a very big one...

Login to Me Too

oanaroscu
Contributor
Contributor
the customer service line should open in an hour or so, i’m planning to call them and ask (i’m not sure but the exchange might get updated twice a day, so I’m waiting until i make a withdrawal)
Login to Me Too

Amelia_07

I am also planning to call them and ask but i am very sure they will not understand or give me a bulls..t answer 😞

Please let me know after you talked to them

Thanks very much🤗

Login to Me Too

oanaroscu
Contributor
Contributor
I’ve called and they said that it’s no mistake and this is the current rate because of what’s going on in the world but said there is a way to change the exchange rate of your bank’s issuer, does anyone know where to find that option?
Login to Me Too

Amelia_07

They told you lies and **bleep** . This is their fault and not ours or our bank . Check the conversion rate today and you can calculate yourself and see that the sum does not correspond with their sum (at least in my case)...

I haven t seen any option like that , you cannot do what they say , this is not solving this problem

Login to Me Too

isshmen
Contributor
Contributor

same here.

what is happening?

Login to Me Too

Amelia_07

don t know what is happening because i did not encounter this before when i had refunds

Now they all gone mad apparently

Login to Me Too

Impaul13
Contributor
Contributor
Same here.. what can i do?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.