Cannot pay with paypal from Hungary to USA

szaborobert10
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, I cannot pay with with paypal, from Hungary. I wanna buy items in the USA online, and the process cannot be done. I contacted to hungarian bank (OTP) they confirmed from their side everything is ok.
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@szaborobert10 

Are you buying from a seller that has offered Paypal purchases to your country (a lot of sites offer U.S only for shipping).

If so how are you funding it? Card / Bank account or balance?

Are you paying and selecting USD as the currency?

Is the seller new to selling?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

szaborobert10
Contributor
Contributor
This is a sporting goods store (EMS). I know they do not deliver items to Hungary. I got a friend in the USA who could bring the products to me. But unfortunately the paying process is nok. When directs me for paying option, i select everything. Once it is done loading than i get the message, that it is no good
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@szaborobert10 

If they don't ship to your country then its likely they have blocked international payments. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

szaborobert10
Contributor
Contributor
Oh, really sorry to hear that... 😕 But thanks for your help!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@szaborobert10 

Just a thought, why not send your friend the funds using the friends/family option so that there is no fee and he can purchase it and have it sent to him to bring over for you?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.