Cancelled autopayment unexpectedly came back

Sheesko
New Community Member

I cancelled an auto payment to an online news service last month, but today, they took out the auto payment. I don't see the payee listed on either my Active or Inactive lists but the paymnet was definitely made by PayPal: they sent me an email to confirm the payment. I don't see a way to dig deeper on their website. DId I do something wrong? Does anyone know how I can resolve this? 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Sheesko

Welcome! Thank you for joining PayPal's Community Forum. I'm sorry to hear an automatic payment processed when it shouldn't have. Do you see the payment in your PayPal Activity? If so, you should have the option to "manage" that merchant's payment profile after clicking on the the transaction. From there, hopefully you should be able to find and cancel any recurring payments for the future. 

In regard to this unexpected payment, I would recommend reaching out to the merchant's Customer Support to see what refund options are available. 

Best wishes and good luck with your refund!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.