Buyer made an order but then it couldn't be fullfilled. Refunded of payment costs me charges ?

prasjain
New Community Member

Buyer made an order but then it couldn't be fullfilled. When I refunded original payment paypal took chanrges from me. This is not fair.

There can be various scenrios where order has to be refunded, but there shoudn't be any charges for the same.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@prasjain 

Paypal no longer returns the fee you were charged when your buyer paid as part of any refund that you issue.
Paypal processes your buyers original payment and then the refund for you, the fee is for providing that service.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

kenseehart
Contributor
Contributor

Solution: Switch to a different pay system, such as Square, that doesn't steal your transaction fees on a refund or cancellation. Also, whatever you do, do not convert to a PayPal business account. You will have no end of headaches, they almost never have live support (which you need because the chatbot excludes all information that might make PayPal look undesirable, such as info on transaction fee refunds and friends and family transfers), and you permanently lose the ability to do friends and family transfers, and they might not let you change back to personal, ever.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.