Booking.com Payment that didnt go through, money still on hold

lenarg
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all, 

Yesterday I was trying to book aplace in booking.com site and I was trying to use PayPal as my payment method. I put my Paypal info and logged in, so the money got on hold in my bank account, but the booking wouldnt go throughbecause of some error from the Booking side.

Today the money are still showing on hold in my bank account

Why wouldnt they still be released? Could someone help with this? Is there some action I should do?

Thanks,

Lena

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

Agris1
Contributor
Contributor
And here we go again. I have the exact same problem. Why it is not fixed yet? There are clearly a problem with PayPall and Booking.com, but no one is taking any steps to actually fix the issue. Booking.com can’t help as they can’t see the purchase and actual booking did not happened, but money is on hold in PayPall. Dear PayPall, please return my money if the purchase failed and address this issue to your technical team to fix it, otherwise people with the exact same problem increase and “safe payments” at not the thing anymore. I’m totally disappointed of the experience.
Login to Me Too

tyrion85

This same thing happened to me just now, also booking.com, and there is no record of a reservation or failed payment there and I doubt they can do anything about it. This is really infuriating. Paypal, what would it take for you to get an authorization to cancel a transaction? You're basically holding my money right now, what gives you the right to do so? Please release my money immediately.

Login to Me Too

Agris1
Contributor
Contributor
It took around two weeks for money to be returned. Probably also depends on how quick it takes for your bank to clear out all hanging reservations. I will never ever select the PayPal option in Booking.com. Lesson is learned and I’m lost all my trust in PayPall. Probably will not use it anywhere else as a payment option.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.