Bank transfer, wrong account number

Faye31x
Contributor
Contributor

I mistakenly provided a wrong account number. Instead I provided the atm card number. How can I cancel and put the cash back to my PayPal balance to transfer it to the correct account number. Thanks.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Faye31x 

If the transfer fails then it should bounce back to your balance, allow 14 days and if no sign contact customer services for a trace.

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, (during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out).
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Faye31x 

If the transfer fails then it should bounce back to your balance, allow 14 days and if no sign contact customer services for a trace.

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, (during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out).
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

My029
Contributor
Contributor
I also the same situation from Jan 18 , until now nothing from Paypal . And what i recieved from CS team and FB is waiting and waiting . If thats the answer from Paypal in every situation so we dont need to get any support
Login to Me Too

hvalondo
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Good Morning,

I've also had the same issue, I input my ATM Card Number instead of my Bank Account Number. I transferred my funds last April 27, 2023 and It's already transferred completed in Paypal and still not reflected in my Bank Account. Also reached out to my Bank here in the Philippines (BPI) they said that there is no floating transaction on their end and I need to reach out to Paypal. Does anyone have already refunded the Funds from Paypal? Or can you share with me what did you do to get back your money?

Thank you.

Login to Me Too

Temp20230813w
Same thing happened with me. It was yesterday actually. I reported the transaction as dispute and they are hard to contact.
Login to Me Too

ennapee390
Contributor
Contributor
Did you get your money back? If yes, how long?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.