About a received refund

eurovisiu
Contributor
Contributor
I've received a refund from a seller, but my problem is that one month ago I've cancelled the original account/card that I used to pay. So my question is : It's possible to receive the refunded amount on my paypal balance? Regards.
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@eurovisiu 

If you funded the original Paypal payment to the seller from your bank account or a card then once marked refunded/completed it will automatically go back to that bank account or card.

If the card ACCOUNT that both cards belong or belonged to is still open then it should go through fine.
However if its a completely new card / account then it may decline so ask your old card issuer if they can help you recover your refund.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

eurovisiu
Contributor
Contributor
Many thanks, kernowlass. I closed the account/card a month ago, and because of this maybe the refund will be rejected. In this case, I think paypal probably will add the money to my account balance in a few days. If not, as we say "más se perdió en Cuba", because the refund amount is not too big. Thanks for helping me. Regards
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Farhana

Hi @eurovisiu,

If the card you paid with is closed or invalid, the money will still be refunded to your credit card account within 30 days from the date of the refund. To receive the refund, please contact your card issuer.

Farhana

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.