A payment shows on my PayPal activity, but it has not gone from my bank account.

Jayhaytch
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there, I have recently made two transactions on PayPal and they show on my Activity, the sender has received the payments but as I didn't have funds in PayPal it should have taken it from my bank account - it hasn't. I recently added a new bank account, which has been confirmed, and the money was due to go from this, but still the payments have not gone from it. Anybody know why? This was over a week ago. Thanks.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jayhaytch 

Give it a few days for the payment to go through or for paypal to try again, check the direct debit mandate is still open on your banking details in your banking app.

If nothing after a few days contact customer services.

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, (during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out).
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jayhaytch 

Transfers from bank accounts are never instant, that is why when you buy something paypal credit the seller upfront for you and paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer to pay them back again, this is so you get your item without delay.

Takes 5-7 working days to transfer as Paypal use the slowest (cheapest) transfer option BUT funds normally leave your bank account from a few hours up to a few days later.

However if you didn't verify your bank account OR didn't select the new one then the transfer may fail and so paypal would put your account into negative and try again a few days later to get the funds.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Jayhaytch
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you Kernowlass, I guess that's what has happened, that makes sense, but it has still not gone from my bank account and my account was verified at that time (as far as I remember) AND was selected, so I'm unsure what to do now.
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jayhaytch 

Give it a few days for the payment to go through or for paypal to try again, check the direct debit mandate is still open on your banking details in your banking app.

If nothing after a few days contact customer services.

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, (during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out).
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Jayhaytch
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for all your advice. I added my bank card as week as the bank account (previously added) and the day after doing so, the money went from my account, so it was either because I added the card, or a massive coincidence. It took nearly two weeks to be taken out. Hey ho, all done! Thank you again.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.