Can't delete account, paypal is useless in telling me why

temp20230915a
Contributor
Contributor

So i got an email saying i need to pay them for having an inactive account if the account is still inactive by october. Tried to delete my account, got a message "there is something that needs to be resolved. Please contact customer support". So i click on the contact button and it is telling me nothing. Thank you. So i try to contact customer service and It won't let me do that, can't call either cause it's friday. So i think i can't close it because I have 2 cents there. Try to send the 2 cents to someone and it's telling me I need to add a payment option to do that. So i did and I ended up paying 3 cents from my real bank account to cover the service fees. And it still wont let me delete my account. Please for the love of **bleep** banks help me

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@temp20230915a 

A Euro is made up of 100 cents so your best bet is to add enough to make it up to more than 1 euro so that you can withdraw it.

If you want to send it to someone then make it enough to cover the fee OR use the friends/family option if that is available in your country?

If the balance is not in Euros then you may need to convert it first to withdraw to a bank account or send to someone who only accepts euros.

Failing that contact customer services and ask them to close the account for you but I think they will also tell you to sort the balance out first.

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, (during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out).
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a private direct message via Social Media on Facebook, Twitter/X, or Instagram pages.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.