assign a nickname for bank accounts and credit cards?

PNWgreen
New Community Member

Hello, 

Is there a way to assign a nickname for different bank accounts and credit cards that are linked to the PayPal account?  

I searched help and forum first, but found no answers.  Thanks much for any help or advice.  

Login to Me Too
259 REPLIES 259

ToFran
Contributor
Contributor

Yes me too, I simply dont understand why are they taking so long to do this.

I am here on the foruns wondering if they have intentions of adding this, but didnt find a word from paypal yet.

Login to Me Too

JamsBand
Contributor
Contributor

This could be a very easy thing for PayPal to do is set up the ability to add nicknames to credit cards and bank accounts. Its really a pain for us that have mulitple accounts and various credit cards when going to pay for something and only seeing the last 4 digits of the cc as a way to chose. Thats just dumb. I like to use paypal so I don't have to get up and get my wallet when I am buying something everytime just so I use the right card.

Seriously this should be done right away. It seems over time paypal makes things more and more dificult.

Login to Me Too

ScottT
New Community Member

My guess is that do not enable nicknames in order to encourage use of bank accounts in lieu of credit cards.  Most people have many more cards than they do bank accounts; the fees on cc transactions (costs to PayPal) are much higher than those associated w/a bank account debit.

Login to Me Too

JamsBand
Contributor
Contributor

@ScottT wrote:

My guess is that do not enable nicknames in order to encourage use of bank accounts in lieu of credit cards.  Most people have many more cards than they do bank accounts; the fees on cc transactions (costs to PayPal) are much higher than those associated w/a bank account debit.

While that might be part of it that does not excuse the practice of not letting end users have a convenient way to track multiple bank accounts and credit cards to use for payments on PayPal. The costs to PayPal are not my concern as they charge alot more than the credit card companies to use their service as a seller looking to get paid. I use to sell on Ebay and got paid via PayPal and between eBay's and PayPal's fees I was charged 9% to 11% of the total. So I have very little concern about PayPal's cost.. however your reason is probably partially correct on why they do not allow for nicknames on various accounts.

Login to Me Too

fitwizard
Contributor
Contributor

c'mon PayPal.

This seems like such a great feature to have.

Why hasn't it been added already?

Please do it asap!

Thanks

Login to Me Too

SupramanTT
New Community Member

This is rediculous! It is 2014. Why is this not already built in. I have not had 2 visa cards for a long time. I have had a Visa, American Express and Discover, so I did not need it. I now have a company credit card sitting on the account and the last 4 digits are nearly identical. They both start with 6. It is very dangerous. I should be able to say work card and personal. Come on paypal!!! Get your stuff in order. This is not acceptable. Nearly every website on planet has this feature built in. We do over 150k/month in Paypal transactions. I dont want my customers to have to deal with this crap. I could just see a customer make an order and mistakenly mixup their credit cards and then need to redo the order because of it.

Login to Me Too

yku-607
New Community Member

I Have to agree. There is no reason not to be able to nickname banks and cards. Come on Paypal, it can't be that hard. Seems like a lot of customers want this. Get it done.

Login to Me Too

Tygress
New Community Member

I'm going to mirror what everyone else has said. I remember (perhaps incorrectly?) that there used to be nicknames on the accounts. I have two Bank of America cards - one is mine, one is shared with my husband. I have two bank accounts from the same bank, and they end 9866 and 9855. Which one is which? I should be able to nickname them.

Login to Me Too

fullmoonguru
New Community Member

It's because Papal, at this point, has a virtual monopoly on this industry.  Like Intuit, they are abusing their power to do things that they want instead of things that help their customers.  Just like we can't choose a credit card as our primary source for paying and have to decline paying with Paypal credit EVERY TIME we pay for something. 

They're forcing their choices on us instead of letting us make our own choices because we're locked in.  And it's going to continue that way until they have some real competition.

Login to Me Too

colsar
New Community Member

Yes, they need to fix this.  I'll use the feedback link and request it there as well.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.