Suggestion: Make Logged-in Account ID Obvious in Payment Widget

SPfanstiel
Contributor
Contributor

As a customer, it seems whenever an e-commerce site uses a pop-up PayPal widget, PayPal "thinks" it knows who I am, and already has my name at the top of the page.  However, I have two accounts -- both in my legal name, but one represents my business and the other my personal bank accounts.  Unfortunately, this "feature" does not make it obvious which of my accounts I logged into more recently -- and thus which account it will be taking funds from for this particular purchase.

On more than one occassion I have spent or almost spent funds that were coming from the wrong account. 

My name is not a sufficient identifier of my account.  Please consider also prominently displaying the customer's PayPal email ID at the top of the window, so they can quickly confirm they are spending funds coming from the correct account, to help customers avoid this headache.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @SPfanstiel

Thank you for visiting the PayPal Community; welcome! 

We appreciate your suggestion that the email is also displayed to ensure you're using the desired account. I will pass it along for you. If you would prefer not to be automatically logged in, you can disable One Touch on both accounts. If you'd like to keep it enabled, another option to differentiate the two accounts could be to capitalize the name on one of them fully. For example, the personal would be set as Mickey Mouse, but the business account is MICKEY MOUSE. You can learn about updating your name on our Help Center here

Have a beautiful day!

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.