Our PayPal account blocked by mistake

MMarchenko
Contributor
Contributor

Hello!

My name is Mikhail [removed], I'm the owner of FunPay, and I would really like to see at least someone from PayPal read this page from beginning to end.

And although we have been working for a very long time, we decided to use PayPal relatively recently, October 8, 2022, when we opened our company in the UAE. It is extremely important for us to use PayPal, because absolutely all of our competitors successfully use it:

• g2g
• overgear
• playerauctions
• all others

Realizing that PayPal is an unfamiliar means of payment for us, we made it available not to everyone, but only to a certain focus group of our users, which we began to expand over time. Everything was going extremely well and we fully connected PayPal not only for the control group, but for all users of our site, but then a disaster happened: on November 19, 2022, a scammer came to our site who is hacking into PayPal accounts. He did:

988 fraudulent payment attempts.
Successfully passed 170 payments.

He received our services and products, and a day later, PayPal sent us information that, it turns out, all these payments were unauthorized, and the real owners of PayPal accounts are not aware of these payments.

We have a top-notch anti-fraud system (which includes both administrative staff and special algorithms), however, we were not ready for this turn of events: we initially thought that PayPal was a secure system, so all our own security systems have been disabled for PayPal payments.

We have already taken all the necessary measures at the moment, and this situation cannot happen again.

Apparently, the PayPal administration decided that we were somehow connected with this criminal, and decided to block our account without the possibility of unblocking. This is a short-sighted and unfair decision that affects thousands of people - our customers who will no longer be able to pay us.

I would like to emphasize a few points in particular:

1) It is not a problem for us at our expense to return the money for any disputes in PayPal. We are ready to bear any losses.

2) For us, any period of HOLD funds is not a problem, we are ready to expect money for 21 days or 180 days - we have large reserves and this does not matter to us.

3) We don't mind taking on PayPal losses that result from carders and other scammers. We understand that PayPal is an insecure and unreliable system, but we are ready to work with it anyway.

4) If necessary, we can deposit a security deposit of up to 500,000 USD to our PayPal account (just for the peace of mind of the PayPal administration).

5) All of our competitors (like g2g, playerauctions, and pretty much everyone else) use PayPal. Our sets of services are absolutely identical. If PayPal believes that certain services on our site do not comply with PayPal policies, then we may remove them.

PayPal is very important to us, because buyers trust PayPal and want to pay through PayPal, feeling secure. That's the only reason we need PayPal - it helps us grow our company. 

We posted a link to this topic from our website so that everyone who wants to pay us through PayPal can read this message and write a comment to our support.

Reference ID: PP-L-369344468249

Login to Me Too
660 REPLIES 660

Rave012

I have been using this site for over 6 years. I am ashamed of my fellow citizens who do not understand how many people this site gives work from Ukraine. I don’t understand at all why this is being intertwined here, even before the war in Ukraine it was known that there were a lot of our fellow Ukrainians in the site’s team. Misha is a great fellow that he was able to make such a company in such a swamp name russia. I really hope that paypal will act in good faith and unblock the site account.

Login to Me Too

Bassovsky1

This is usual situation for Paypal - stop banned accounts for no reason!

They constantly block accounts for an unknown reason!

I myself have encountered such problems more than once, so I fully support Funpay.

At least the account must be unlocked!

I hope everything will work out, I myself have been working on the site for more than 5 years, your regular seller, it's me - Bassovsky.

Login to Me Too

MMarchenko
Contributor
Contributor

Dear friends "Glory_Ukraine" and "randomuser12355".

I do have Russian citizenship (and by the way, I have a Ukrainian surname, and I have relatives in Ukraine), I do not hide this in any way. When registering a PayPal account, all the necessary information was provided.

But at the moment we are talking about the account of my company in the UAE, of which I am a resident.

And since we are talking about Ukraine, I think that it is important for you to know and understand the following: the situation in Ukraine is now quite difficult, and therefore we do not have buyers from this country. People are simply not up to games and not to gaming services.

However, we have many suppliers from Ukraine that we pay for the services we sell. People really need this work and it helps them a lot in this difficult time.

It is very strange to me that you do not understand such simple things.

Login to Me Too

ChangesCome

I would really like to use PayPal on FunPay, please consider unblocking them!

FunPay has many good reviews!

Login to Me Too

Hierarchos
Contributor
Contributor

I wanted to buy sth form FunPay but i cant pay. Any help would be nice.

Login to Me Too

zifan1
Contributor
Contributor

I've been using FunPay for more than 4 years now and never had problems with their services! It's a reliable source of buying/selling gaming currencies/items. Thanks! 

Login to Me Too

Modiz

Hello everyone and Paypal

Funpay is great marketplace for selling and buying cheap digital items. 

1. Stolen accounts, items? Possible ,but funpay always controls that and if you buying stolen account seller gets banned and you getting back money.
2. Support Russia? No tags any text that say's they support political russia. Yes they registered in Russia ,but just shutdowning business isn't great idea, right? I think funpay working on reregistering business on other country. Just to count, that taxes what give's funpay is less than 0.1% russian money. So there's difference?

Funpay giving great guruantess for paypal and users. Theres no reasons to decline appeal because everyone wins in that situation. Paypal getting %, users from other countries can easily pay. 

Thank you, have a nice day. Stay positive

Login to Me Too

deserved for playing ranged top

Login to Me Too

I just created this forum account (my paypal account is like 10 years old already). I just wanted to say that funpay is a very good and safe site for gaming transactions. i have had orders that couldnt be completed by the sellers and i got instant refund every single time, no exception, no problems, just a click and i get instantly a refund. Funpay's service is EXCELLENT and the prices are very low too! I have visited tons of sites but this one I have recommended to my friends too.

Login to Me Too

Bosshaft

Funpay - best and conscientious playground of gaming values! I have worked with her for many years and I am very happy about it! Let our site work with PayPal.

Sincerely, BossHaft.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.