cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Class action lawsuit against PayPal

Contributor

Re: Class action lawsuit against PayPal

They have done me the same way... They have suspended my account. On grounds of. Nothing factual....then nerve to say the holding my funds for 6months then the will email me on how to get it...im seeking legal action..i cant allow this to happen to anyone else. And i need compensation
Contributor

I have the same problem as you. I have many transfers delayed right now. It sucks and I want my money.

Contributor

I have a landscape and grading company. I invoice my customers via paypal. They pay a deposit, and thenonce done, they'll pay the rest. Paypal has started holding my funds for 21 days for buyer protection. Wven my customers have called them saying everything is good and they still don't release my money. I'm looking into switching to square because I have payroll and materials that I have to pay for.
Contributor

They have done me the same way
Tags (1)

So what do we do? They holding our money so that can make interest while we cant pay our bills. A class action law suit is the best option. They place numbers in our account while they use our money to make more money and give us absurd terms and no reason for closing and hold for a year. It has to be criminal. 

Contributor

After holding money, they still charged me a fee on top of it.
Contributor

Sick and tired of those BS holds. I'm broke and I need to put the money that I earned from E-Bay into my bank account to make ends meet. 21 days is almost an entire month. Without the money, i might as well be on the streets. Those **bleep** need to give us our money ASAP once buyer buys something on E-Bay. I want that money to go straight to my bank account from Paypal in just a few seconds. 

New Community Member

I was lied to several times by representatives and supervisors, I lost a lot of customers with my online business and had to refund them. I now have bad reviews online and have lost a lot of money. Seems like PayPal randomly holds a transaction, I understand that in banking transfers however 21 days is a little excessive. I would love to join a class action lawsuit where do I go from here
Contributor

This happened to me on Friday, March 29. I was notified that my account had been arbitrarily closed permanently. I tried reaching out to PayPal via their customer service department but received no explanation as to why this action had been taken. I was given the contact information for the legal department, but am not able to send them a written letter, as I'm a freelancer currently living outside of the US.
For now, I have filed a complaint with the BBB. I have included a link to this forum in my complaint, which will hopefully bolster my (our) case. I am interested in further legal recourse if PayPal's response to my BBB complaint isn't satisfactory (if I'm not given access to my account again). Will be following this thread either way, though.

Contributor

We really need to get the word out to have people stop using PayPal and put them out of business. Make a big deal out of it. Bring them to this thread. Enlighten them. File as many BBB complaints as possible. I really wish we could get the media/news to pick it up.