$2500 penalty

Vxz4
Contributor
Contributor

What is the new policy being imposed on Nov 3rd? If I don’t maintain any balance but only use it for purchases, there shouldn’t be any money to steal from me, right?

Login to Me Too
300 REPLIES 300

m005kennedy
Contributor
Contributor
I think are wrong about this. Sure they had a policy to fine people who clearly broke the law using their service. But the new slant basically said anything they consider "misinformation" can trigger this fine. How you voted could be fined. What you believed about politic even could cause a fine. Even believing basic biology you took coukd be fined for stating it in public anywhere. Saying you go to a synagogue could cause a fine. I've used PayPal for many years. I will have to find another service. Hopefully they will lose enough value from decreased membership to state clearly and irrevocably that they will not fine people for differences in opinion.
Login to Me Too

chadjones99
Contributor
Contributor

Dont want to spread any mis information for reasons why we are here LOL but I did just read a article that the fine was back.. but that's why I am here how do I find this, I've been searching paypals site

Login to Me Too

xxx78

What kind of insanity is this? If this is true Im leaving this woke **bleep**.

Login to Me Too

BigBobK
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal's $2500 fine is back and they can hit you with it up to 10 times at their discretion. Close your accounts ASAP! Funny how my account says it has 0 issues to stop me from closing my account, but when I click "Close my account" in account settings, I get this message...

"Before you close your account… Sorry, there's a problem. If you keep seeing this, please contact customer service."

Then I am then forced to jump through hoops and can not close my account via phone either as it says I have to message them when I call on the phone!

When I use their automated system, it says I have 0 issues preventing me from closing my account. My guess is they know a ton of people are trying to close their accounts due to this cuckoo $2500 fine and are making it nearly impossible to close accounts right now. I have been trying since we got word of the first time they "accidently" put this into effect. So they lie to us and say the TOS $2500 fine was a mistake, then reimplement the fine a few weeks later!

I think PayPal owes every single account holder $2500 for misinformation!

Login to Me Too

syfr
Contributor
Contributor

Is there a "report this misinformation" button somewhere on Paypal where we can push and animate the Ministry of Hate and Misinformation to come a' running?

I'd like to point them to the earlier press release where PayPal called this whole thing a "mistake" that they have fixed. Clearly that was and is a lie.

Login to Me Too

Temp20221029H

Due to your recent effort to punish misinformation violations of your AUP, I have no choice but to cancel my service that has been in effect since 2002. I have read several of the explanations in the press and (misinformation) sites such as Snopes  that indicate that this new AUP change was just a mistake, but that is just not believable.  If it was in fact an error this egregious, I would expect that a press release would also be available that someone or someones had been dismissed over this accidental extreme over-reach.  Instead the more obvious answer is the simplest, you appear to wish to moderate speech.  Goodbye.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp20221029H 

Just close your account, no need for everyone to come on here and announce it 😂

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Free-Mike
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass "Esteemed Advisor"

I disagree wholeheartedly. This is exactly the place everyone should come and announce it. It seems you'd rather just quietly sweep it under the rug. That is exactly what the "Woke" want. Just disappear quietly. For the record, I too am a long time user of PayPal and have always loved my PayPal experience. I do not intend to quit the service at this time. I can't seem to get a straight answer as to whether or not this policy will actually be implemented, even from PayPal staff. I posted a reply from PayPal Support which states that they will not be fining people for misinformation but no mention about November 3rd. Kudos to PayPal if they have changed their mind for real. If the policy ever does take effect I too will be gone and I guarantee you I'll be announcing it here on the PayPal forums. I don't believe the initial announcement was a "mistake" as PayPal has claimed. I believe they actually were planning to move forward with this horrible idea but changed their minds when they realized they might as well shove a knife into the heart of their own business. I won't go on and on about how this woke garbage has to stop but I will quit if the policy goes through. "Get Woke, Go Broke"... the best saying ever. Unfortunately there's no way to "UnKudo" your awful reply to a long time customer. I can only hope your attempts to silence people is unsuccessful.

Login to Me Too

petrosabajyan
New Community Member

I have joined Paypal on 2015 and been actively using it. However recent user agreement modifications particularly 2,500$ penalty for posts anything that Paypal might consider misinformation, made me think to close my account. Before I close I'd like to know if Paypal team plans to get rid of these agreement/are they considering to or should I go ahead and close it.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@petrosabajyan 

Either contact customer services and ask them or close your account, your choice really.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.