$2500 penalty

Vxz4
Contributor
Contributor

What is the new policy being imposed on Nov 3rd? If I don’t maintain any balance but only use it for purchases, there shouldn’t be any money to steal from me, right?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Snidest 

That fine for breaking paypals acceptable use policy 

https://www.paypal.com/us/legalhub/acceptableuse-full?locale.x=en_US

is NOT new and has existed for years.

Nothing to do with the recent policy that paypal states was a mistake and withdrawn. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
300 REPLIES 300

Rusticated12
New Community Member
Go woke, go broke! Closing my account PayPal will take $2,500 if they decide what you post online is disinformation
Login to Me Too

Temp20221009A
New Community Member
Is this true
Login to Me Too

Temp20221009B
New Community Member

Yes, this is true. I just read the article.

Login to Me Too

OpusCanes
New Community Member

Economic Fascism is the start of the war against the little people.

How the hell they can enforce it, when you aren’t doing any activity on their platform is beyond me.

Hopefully a new congress enacts a massive change to Rule 230 and the SCOTUS smacks them down as well.

I think I too might close my PayPal account.  I can find other services not aligned with the communist authoritarian left.

Login to Me Too

Bdalton85
New Community Member

I have a settlement claim I just opted to receive via paypal but after that comes in I'm out.  This isn't China.  They're not the ministry of truth.  I don't buy the truths on sale anyway. Even if this was redacted as a draft that shouldnt have been released just the fact that it's a subject of conversation tells us what to do.  

The timeline between "disinformation" and fact seems to be about 6 months...get bent. 

Get woke go broke.  Take twitter with you.

Login to Me Too

4Nik8r
New Community Member

Can you recommend other services? I just drained my money out and will close my account for the same reason.

Login to Me Too

Legalese919
Contributor
Contributor

This is complete policy is complete BS, and entirely UNACCEPTABLE to me. 

PayPal has apparently become (or only now revealing that itself to be) a bunch of Marxist, anti-American fools who think/thought they could censor OUR RIGHT TO FREEDOM OF THOUGHT AND EXPRESSION without consequences!  Really?   

This will be my one and only message to PayPay as I will now be CLOSING MY ACCOUNT for good:  I CAN'T WAIT TO WATCH YOU COMMIES CRASH AND BURN.   GOOD RIDDANCE and rot in Hell where you belong. 

Login to Me Too

vrwired

I just signed up for a competitor *due to this news story*, YES, still on my mind a month later. Just realized I need something like Paypal today, so glad to find better rates elsewhere!

Login to Me Too

rally411
New Community Member

I have been with Paypal for >10 years and hold stock. That all changes here. They created a policy that says they can withdraw $2,500 if they alone feel that something you've written is offensive, harmful or obscene. This could be on any medium. They should not be in the businesss of enforcing slander- there are laws on the books and a PROCESS for this through the legal system.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.