$2500 penalty

Vxz4
Contributor
Contributor

What is the new policy being imposed on Nov 3rd? If I don’t maintain any balance but only use it for purchases, there shouldn’t be any money to steal from me, right?

Login to Me Too
300 REPLIES 300

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@RSebire 

Did you bother to actually read the link that I posted?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Temp20221009
Contributor
Contributor
You think this was some clerical oversight ? Imagine the amount of legal people this had to go through to be posted This is the writing on the wall and MUST be resisted en masse Already put in requests to cancel my PayPal and Venmo accounts.
Login to Me Too

rareguds

So, I did some legality looking up on this. This is so twisted that there isn't even a law out there that says they can't do such thing. So if they hit you with it, let's say you said 5 things they don't like, they'll go into your banking account to remove $12,500 and you can't do jack about it. You can call the police on PayPal but they won't be able to do anything about it, you can call your bank but there isn't a law to help the bank either. They can take you to court and they will legally win. I am going to start looking into Payoneer as a replacement, maybe CashApp can step it up. VENMO is also owned by PayPal guys, let's close that out too. Use CashApp!

Login to Me Too

RSebire
Contributor
Contributor

Kernowlass......

I gladly now put you on mute.

Login to Me Too

Mik3ymomo

The fact this policy was actually going to be implemented shows how demented people making policy at PayPal really are. I came here hoping to find out it wasn’t true only to find out it was true but they cowardly recoiled after the backlash. The sick reality is there must have been a consensus that this was a perfectly acceptable idea for a major corporation in the free world to steal money. We trust you with our bank accounts and credit cards… basically our financial lives; and then this type of betrayal? 
Sickening…

Login to Me Too

syfr
Contributor
Contributor

Cue the attorneys!

You can put a sign on your lawn saying "Don't walk here, land mines" but you're still going to jail for blowing people up if they walk there.

I'm a 21 yr long user of PayPal and this is the final stray. I'll secure my funding sources to an account with near zero balance and minimize any use of PayPal from now on.

This is madness.

PS: Who is the PayPal Ministry of Truth comprised of?  Can we as members, run for a seat?

Login to Me Too

rareguds

LET'S ALL CLOSE THEIR PAYPAL ACCOUNTS. THESE GUYS HAVE NO BUSINESS EXISTING IN OUR CIVILIZATION. Moving to North Korea doesn't look to be a bad alternative anymore now does it?

Login to Me Too

Kenfirch
Contributor
Contributor
I heard PayPal may fine someone up to $2,500 for spreading disinformation or misinformation on social media. Surely PayPay said no such thing, right?
Login to Me Too

Bamacorner
New Community Member
I have heard the same thing. Surly this can’t be right. For anyone know for sure?
Login to Me Too

syfr
Contributor
Contributor

Seems par for the course for them.

I want to be on the PayPal Ministry of Truth

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.