Payment taken from bank account but not showing on paypal account.

50watt
Contributor
Contributor

Checked my bank account and a payment taken out of account on 16th February for £10.05.

But I had a credit balance and still do in my paypal account as I had transferred money from my bank account on the 12th February.

I checked my paypal account and there is no sign of the £10.05 in my paypal account.

I only ever had my credit card linked before and made payment through my online banking if my balance was low. But as a security check I had to link my bank account to paypal back in November.

So if I cancel the direct debit is my paypal account going to be suspended.

Also how do I go about removing my bank account from my paypal account and just leaving my credit card as I am now a bit wary of having my bank account linked op my paypal account.

Thanks

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@50watt

Could you have paid as a "guest buyer" ie paid in to a SELLERS paypal account but not logging in to YOUR paypal account and paying direct with a card???

That is normally the reason it shows on your bank account but not in paypal.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

50watt
Contributor
Contributor

Phoned (free which was a surprise) and it was explained that the payment default is now your bank account and not a credit card even though that had always been our preferred method. So if you do not have a balance in your account it defaults to your bank as that is free to them.

They had made a payment request five minutes before I had transferred the money in and it could not be stopped so that is why it did not show as £10.05 it was actually £25.00 we had spent on the 12th but it took four days for the money to come out our account.

So to avoid an unexpected payment coming off your bank account might be prudent to check your paypal account before using it.

Also now that my wife cancelled the DD there could be a delay in us paying for an item if we do not have a balance.

Just need to make sure we always have a balance.

Thanks for the response.   

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.