How can this be right.

Steveboo
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered a cheaper version of a go pro from a company having previously ordered one that was fantastic. The second one was clearly not HD as had been the first and the advertised 140 degree lens was also not there. Paypal have agreed that I am due a refund but that I have to pay to return it tracked at a cost of nearly half the price of the item. How can it be that the supplier has sent a misdescribed item and I get stuck with the postage? If they had sent me a banana instead of a camera would it have then been up to me to pay? This seems a tad unfair to say the least. Steve

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Steveboo

Paypal can only EVER get you back monies that was processed through them and that is the original payment that you paid the seller and not return postage costs.

If you buy from a registered business in your own country or an ebay business seller then if they refuse to refund return costs (unlikely) then you can file in the small claims court.

However if you choose to buy from a private or international seller then you can file for item received but not as described but you will be the one to fork out for those return costs.

Paypal gives you some buyer protection and then its up to you to risk assess your transaction bearing the protection offered in mind.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.