Help with cancelling a recurring subscription please.

caravanj
Contributor
Contributor

I want to cancel a recurring subscription but there is no 'cancel' tab on the page listing the recurring payment details. I have cancelled them before for other merchants but the tab is missing on this one. If all else fails I'll just report it to my credit card company.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

caravanj
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, the cancel profile at the tip of the page did the trick. What confused mr was the last one I cancelled had a cancel payment option at the bottom of the page! Anyway many thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
22 REPLIES 22

PayPal_barry

Hi caravanj, cancelling a subscription should be pretty straightforward. Please follow the steps below:

1. Log in to your account at www.paypal.co.uk  
2. Click ‘History’ near the top of the page.
3. Click on the ‘More filters’ drop down menu.
4. Choose the 'Subscriptions and agreements' option, click on ‘Recurring Payments’ and finally ‘My Profiles’.
5. Change the date back to when you started the subscription and then click ‘Show’.
6. View the details of a specific ‘Subscription Creation’ by clicking in the Details column.

To cancel the subscription, click the ‘Cancel’ link at the top of the page.

Login to Me Too

caravanj
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your reply but I don't have the 'More filter' option when I click on History.

Login to Me Too
Solved

caravanj
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, the cancel profile at the tip of the page did the trick. What confused mr was the last one I cancelled had a cancel payment option at the bottom of the page! Anyway many thanks for your help.

Login to Me Too

Stevej-hos
New Community Member

I have a recurring payment that I wish to cancel. However it is already shown as cancelled on 12-jan 2012, but is still being paid.

How can I cancel it????

Login to Me Too

rlkleijn

I checked the procedures but can't find the cancel subscription anywhere.  The transaction ID is 9U204903L4378694D for ZOOSK INC at £22.74  I can find trhe subscription but can't find anywhere that is is a recurring subsciption.  It is however.  I cancelled it on their website but also wish to cancel it on paypal as it will leave my visa debit card.  The next paypemt will be on the 15th or 16th of November, I want it stopped before then.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Sophie

Hi rlkleijn,

Welcome to the Community Forum! If you can't see the option to cancel your subscription with Zoosk, it may be set up with the seller as a Billing Agreement.

Here's how to cancel a Billing Agreement:

1. Go to www.paypal.com/uk and log in to your account.
  2. Click 'Profile' near the top of the page.
  3. On the left side of the page, select 'My money'.
  4. Click 'Update' beside 'My pre-approved payments'.
  5. Select the 'Merchant Name' for the Billing Agreement you want to cancel.
  6. Click 'Cancel'. 

Let me know if youh have any issues with this 🙂

Sophie

Login to Me Too

john31415
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem as mentioned in this topic and have followed the instructions and arrived on the History/My Profiles page. The recurring payment appears but I have searched the whole page several times and can find no Cancel button.

The logical place for this to appear would be under the Order Status/Actions column but this is blank.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Login to Me Too

caravanj
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

1: In your account history click on the 'details' of the payment you want to stop.

2: That takes you to the 'Transaction Details' page.

3: At the side of 'Recurring Payment Sent' click on 'View Details'.

4: That will take you to 'Recurring Payments details'.

5: You should now have the cancel/ view history near the top left-hand side of the page. Hope this helps.

Login to Me Too

john31415
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I followed your instructions with success.

Earlier I had in fact seen this link but because it cancelled a 'Profile' I thought it best not to touch it. Obviously profile is a new word for payment.

Trust Paypal to make things difficult. 

Fortunately I don't often need to visit the Paypal site but when I do I almost always find it difficult to navigate.

Many thanks for your help.

Regards

John

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.